RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first RR in March of this year. I am finally going through and replacing all the hoses, and belts. I can not, for the life of me, find the bolt to loosen the pwr steering pump. I have done a pretty thorough search on this site as well as the rest of the internet. I have found the slider on the bottom of the device, but cannot find the bolt for it to pivot off up. If anyone can list a resource I can reference, or a picture of this pivot bolt. I would be indebted to you. My rangie is an 89 classic.

Thanks again for any help!

·
Registered
272 Posts
It does adjust, but it is a real pain.... It pivots at the top bolts on the unit, and it swings along a radiused adjuster along the bottom. It seems like every V-8 from the Sixties or Seventies has a deliberately obtuse power steering belt tension adjustment, so, to paraphrase the famous Japanese bicycle assembly instructions, calm your mind, don't be in a hurry, and just explore the entire pump for nuts and bolts. You may have to take the cooling fan and shroud off to get a better look, and you may find looking up from underneath may allow you to see better (even if it doesn't make access any easier... or maybe it does and that is why I have always had so much trouble with it, because I see cars from above in my mind's eye).

Good luck,
Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts