Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
115 Posts
Hi, If I'm unable to find a mechanical problem with a bosch injected 4.6. This is in regards to a mild cam that was installed. Can the fuel trims and timing be adjusted in ECU? Or not?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
If I am following what you are asking for, the directions/programming instructions are set and not able to be changed unless you have your rig "chipped". However you have not said what you are after. Are you looking for more HP,better MPG or trying get around an existing issue?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to find out if a Rover technichan can adjust perameters in the Bosch ECU program. From what I have heard so far is (NO!)

Any how, it's a mess.. I'm trying to eliminate all the problems I can before pulling the engine apart. The cam installed is a very mild cam and I'm getting a lope and poor vacuum 11.9-12. Almost like you would get from a a very agressive cam. I have done a compression test on all cylinders and they are good. Replaced plugs and HT wires again with new to elimanate that possiblity. Sprayed motor with carb cleaner and watched fuel trims for changes.. No leaks detected.. The fuel rail pressure is very high 50 PSI and that will be adressed soon. That should explain the -13 to -14 on long term fuel trims.. Bringing the pressure down may help? I dont think it will solve the low vacuum though.. I have yet to teast the MAF TPS and god knows what else. I still have a bad feeling that there is an issue in the valve train. So, I will likely have to dive into the valve train next.. Unless you think I have missed something.. Thanks for the interest..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts