RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help routing the 4gauge power cable for my new range rover sport....

where can i fit it through? or where should i drill? any pictures would be great!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
:?:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
:lol: If for car stereo/single sub, 4 AWG is pretty minimum, you need to calculate for voltage loss at a given length. There is a fairly large thread on sub installs in this forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am running only 500RMS, but figure better more than less...

plus i just sold my old car... all i am doing is transferring everything over....

i just cant find a place where to run the cable from the battery to the cab (past the firewall).... i tried fitting it through the whole where all the current car cables run through, but no go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
4awg is plenty for 500rms.

I wouldn't drill. There has to be somewhere it'll go through, so wait for someone else to post. Check behind the kick panels.
Another option is to go underneath the car if you can get it through some drain hole in the boot.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is yours an auto gearbox?

In the engine bay, open the black box cover on the LH side, look at the firewall behind it, there shoul be a grommet big enough for the cable.
There might be a wiring haness hiding it a bit.

Bit hard to see.

·
Registered
128 Posts
flydive said:
Is yours an auto gearbox?

In the engine bay, open the black box cover on the LH side, look at the firewall behind it, there shoul be a grommet big enough for the cable.
There might be a wiring haness hiding it a bit.
That should work perfectly, thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
How does one get the wire through the hole? Where does it come out in the cabin. I routed my sub wore through my door. It works very well and there is no extra wind noise etc...
Unfortunatly though, my dealer insists on blaming everything on my sub.

Regards,

Christopher

·
Registered
385 Posts
The hole comes out above and to the left of the brake pedal, where the clutch pedal would be.
When you remove the grommet you will see the the sound proofing cover, punch a hole through it with a knife or a screwdriver and pull the wire through it.
You will have to remove the plastic pedal cover in the cabin to access it, but it is easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't find this who exactly. If I remove the cover on the right side of the engine
compartment I see where the steering wheel shaft comes through the firewall but not a cluster of wires. I don't think routing my power wire through the same hole as my steering is a good idea. If my ca'r doesn't have this spot should I drill. Mine is a 2007 rrs HSE

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is your car LHD or RHD? Auto box?

If is a RHD car it is thr right box, if a LHD it is the left box
It is the one housing the brake master cylinder.

Looking at the brake servo the grommet should be to the right of it, more or less where the clutch pedal would be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts