RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if this is possible? Just picked up a 2015 RRS Supercharged, does not have SCD's. My last car did, possible to add?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Anything is possible. However there is a reason they stopped offering it. I would stick with the simple and operational latches you have.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
I didn;t know it was back. Right after the initial offering they stopped offering it due to so many failures. That's good to know. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I didn;t know it was back. Right after the initial offering they stopped offering it due to so many failures. That's good to know. :thumb:
It is part of the vision package now for the SCV8 Sport. I think it's standard in the supercharged RR.

edit: I cannot get used to the SCV6. To me, supercharged=SCV8

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Wondering if this is possible? Just picked up a 2015 RRS Supercharged, does not have SCD's. My last car did, possible to add?
There may be aftermarket solutions, but the standard system usually cannot be retrofitted. Land Rovers are like that: you either get it done when they assemble the vehicle, or you use a 3rd party solution later.

·
Banned
363 Posts
It's part of a different package for Canada (think it's Convenience Package) but you can still order it as an individual option it seems.

I would assume it would be rather expensive to try an add this on after the fact...you'd have to order each individual part related to it and likely have it professionally installed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can add it, but you need to rip the doors apart, add the necessary wiring harnesses and route them properly (probably ripping other things out in the process), add the latches, very likely update the truck's software, etc. For most reasonable people, it's not worth the trouble and cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts