RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
So before you buy the switch pull your existing switch off the lower dashboard and see if it’s the two plug green and grey or one plug grey switch then order the correct switch on eBay .
D8E3962C-4C35-4910-ABE9-0212ED402C04.png
D8E3962C-4C35-4910-ABE9-0212ED402C04.png
543BC536-9747-44D2-91C3-FA32E3973C79.png
6DE03213-5CAB-4435-BA7E-C74E5AA5732B.png
929A4268-90AE-4E7D-B040-40FE47F4C331.png

·
Registered
653 Posts
A bigggg shoutout to Charlie who helped me figure this out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Awesome, happy you got to the bottom of it Mark. Anxiously waiting to hear what happens when you get the new switch! Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Pics of the plug swap if your car has the two plug setup and where to swap it...
76E7A3C6-C02A-427B-B4E2-39CE3521991A.jpeg
E42FF36D-5E76-479B-8858-FE35F0C2C6B0.jpeg

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thx for the pics Mark. Helpful and contributing quality content as usual.

And big thanks to Charlie and the l494 guys for pioneering the way to these modifications.

My next to do list is this mirror and the front radar along with the HVAC upgrade to the 16 style. I will pair all of that with the facelift buttons and steering wheel and the car play android unit and add the two new style screens in the back. Finally to complete the entire transformation I have the ultimate edition speakers and amp as it’s a direct swap and plug and play upgrade for us guys with the 825W entertainment system. Would transform the interior.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Only thing I would like to do next which I’m sure is not too hard is figure how how to adjust the brightness on the ambient lighting.

From Audi to bmw to Mercedes using a tool similar to GAP I was able to adjust the voltage value to make the ambient LEDs much brighter. If we could do this which I’m sure there is a value of a voltage setting somewhere (perhaps with Pat from GAP can shed more info) we can make these dim ambient lights much nicer looking.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thank you f10m5. Like Ray of www.androidaftershock.com I'm passionate about these vehicles! I still cant believe you can buy a $140,000 Autobiography with all of the cool features for about a $100,000 discount, and still ride like a king! Plus doing the facelifts and adding Ray's software engineered www.androidaftershock.com unit, (lol Ray) adds more functionality than the new Incontrol touch pro is awesome.

Patrick meilleur at GAP is a rockstar and may be able to help you with voltage parameters. Just make sure your GAP has saved your original settings.

Also Powerfuluk has a ambient light upgrade with red and blue LEDS and the guys a fullfat forums uk have discussions about the pro and cons of it and that is your easiest and quickest way to upgrade the cabin lighting.

FYI Both Ray and I have 2013 HSE's and I have a 2014 Autobiography. The HVAC seat cooled/heated upgrades on the 2013's doesnt work. Only on 2014 and up does the HVAC control work. I dont think Patrick at GAP can help us with this...I upgraded my 2014 and I love it. It also fixes the one side effect of Rays unit, the dimmed control knobs goes away and you can see the temp readout easily with Rays unit now. The HVAC controls for both the L494 Sport (2014+) and L405 are pretty cheap. You can find the sport controls on Ebay US and Ebay UK for less than 80 bucks! Its a really cool upgrade for hot days and cool seats like we need in the West!.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Why dont you pull your switch and take pics and post pictures of what switch you currently have first and then identify what switch you want to replace or explain to us why you want to count wires before we jump thru hoops to help you????

There are like 10 different switches and configurations:

1. RRS Sport switch hatch and dimmer only.
2. RRS Sport switch hatch dimmer and step rails.
3. RRS Sport switch hatch dimmer, step rails LDW.
4. L405 Switch all of the above.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Im going to have a mind blowing surprise next week....for you guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
A quick question. I have connected the radar today and updated CCF exactly as per instructions described in the link from fullfatr. I haven’t started the car yet (new steering wheel buttons not installed yet ), however, I am seeing on the dash “parking brake fault” and “cruise control not available” messages. The latter message was expected since I haven’t run the calibration, but the brake related message is somewhat unexpected. did you see something like that during your installation?
On the positive side, the adaptive cruise control calibration option has appeared in the software after CCF updates and also the adaptive cruise dash signs light up when ignition is in position 2.
Also, a comment/question on CCF changes.
There were two parameters that appear to be related to ACC, If judged by name, but were not listed on fullfatr instructions:
-Adaptive speed control ECU: disable (current value)
-Forward collision warning: not supported ( current value)
I haven’t updated these two, but wondering if I need to??? The first one can have value enable and the second one fitted.
The parameters that I did update exactly matched the listing of 11settings:
Speed Control: Adaptive speed control is fitted
Adaptive Speed Control ECU: North America, Canada, Mexico, Australia (already had this value)
Adaptive Speed Control ECU: Standard blockage level -40dB (already had this value)
Collision Mitigation By Braking: Fitted
Standard Speed Control Display Type: Adaptive speed control full display plus priority messages
Speed Control: Adaptive speed control with queue assist
Adaptive Cruise Control Indication In Instrument Cluster: Enabled
Speed Control: Adaptive speed control, stop and go
Collision Mitigation By Braking: Collision mitigation by braking GEN 3
Forward Collision Warning: Forward collision warning GEN 3
Front Crash Sensing System: Front crash sensing system - Upfront sensor

Any info is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
653 Posts
You should email Patrick Meilieur of GAP diagnostics. He will be able to answer the questions above. His email is [email protected]. Also ask the guys on fullfat. The reason I can’t answer your questions is because my 2014 autobiography already has adaptive cruise so I haven’t needed to retrofit that part of my car like you are. Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
A quick question. I have connected the radar today and updated CCF exactly as per instructions described in the link from fullfatr. I haven’t started the car yet (new steering wheel buttons not installed yet ), however, I am seeing on the dash “parking brake fault” and “cruise control not available” messages. The latter message was expected since I haven’t run the calibration, but the brake related message is somewhat unexpected. did you see something like that during your installation?
I wouldn't worry about any error messages until you finish the install. Having partial hardware installed and editing CCF files more than likely is causing this.

For ACC and forward collision I found like 10 or 11 parameters and made sure everything related to them was turned on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for responses. I will contact Patrick about the CCF.
If you happen to connect diagnostic software to your car, could check:
  • “Adaptive Speed Control ECU” do you see 2 or 3 parameters with this name and what are the values in CCF?
  • “Forward collision warning” do you see 1 or 2 parameters with this exact name and what are the values?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks for responses. I will contact Patrick about the CCF.
If you happen to connect diagnostic software to your car, could check:
  • “Adaptive Speed Control ECU” do you see 2 or 3 parameters with this name and what are the values in CCF?
  • “Forward collision warning” do you see 1 or 2 parameters with this exact name and what are the values?
For adaptive speed control ecu (there are 3) mine are: north america, canada, mexico, australi / standard blockage level -40dB / current: enable

For forward collision warning there are 2 and they are set to: fitted / forward collision warning gen 3

There are a lot of CCF options I turned on for this. It may be easier to just post screenshots. This may not be all of them but you should get general theme.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is great. Thanks a lot for the info and the screenshots - super helpful. Clearly, that the two parameters in question need updating and I also see some others that I need to check...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Patrick helped me sort everything out at GAP Diagnostics! There is a flash program that costs 34 bucks that GAP charges and your car won’t accept the new camera rear view mirror until it’s Ecu has been flashed to accept your vehicle. Any rear view mirror with the little camera which usually means the last two digits on the part number isGX or HX the x can represent any number or letter the key thing is the G or H that has the ability to do traffic signs and lane departure. It was an awesome feeling to have it successful.
On to lane keep assist, drl changes, vehicle location, lots of cool functions to be unlocked with the gap tool.
208960FC-FF11-48E6-8BCB-B40C108ABF9B.jpeg
404C9C72-E4A7-4971-91D5-64B0304CAF6F.jpeg
E6D3BF9D-2CC0-440D-B32F-2B7AA4E4006E.jpeg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Patrick helped me sort everything out at GAP Diagnostics! There is a flash program that costs 34 bucks that GAP charges and your car won’t accept the new camera rear view mirror until it’s Ecu has been flashed to accept your vehicle. Any rear view mirror with the little camera which usually means the last two digits on the part number isGX or HX the x can represent any number or letter the key thing is the G or H that has the ability to do traffic signs and lane departure. It was an awesome feeling to have it successful.
On to lane keep assist, drl changes, vehicle location, lots of cool functions to be unlocked with the gap tool.
Awesome, glad to hear that you got it working!!!

I noticed that you have options for overspeed warnings. I don't have those. I wonder if that's a separate CCF setting I need to toggle or if its something related to the flash that Patrick helped you with.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts