RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow, this is a really impressive upgrade. Congrats on completing the project. It must be really satisfying to see it working. I have 2015 HSE and would love to add ACC. I already have a LDW system factory installed. What parts would my car need for ACC?
Radar, bracket and steering wheel button. that is it or anything else?
Not sure if the mirror with cameras is for LDW or ACC...
Thanks, I am stoked that its working. Getting ready to do a long drive today and really looking forward to using the ACC.

The ACC doesn't use the forward facing camera (at least not as of 2016, it's possible more modern systems are relying on computer vision like Tesla) - it's all the radar module in the bumper. So to install it you'd need that radar module with the corresponding bracket and bolts + the steering wheel switch. Some of the modules on eBay include a bracket, but the bracket is only $20 new so it's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok. This is a bit of a gamble, but I picked up on eBay a radar from ford/Lincoln ($130). Obviously, it looks exactly the same like JLR part and made by the same Delphi in Malaysia. The part number is also the same except for the first 4 characters which I think are the car manufacturer code. Since the HSE engine is manufactured by ford in UK, hopefully, it would work. I will report back on the outcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok. This is a bit of a gamble, but I picked up on eBay a radar from ford/Lincoln ($130). Obviously, it looks exactly the same like JLR part and made by the same Delphi in Malaysia. The part number is also the same except for the first 4 characters which I think are the car manufacturer code. Since the HSE engine is manufactured by ford in UK, hopefully, it would work. I will report back on the outcome.
I suspect you’ll have to flash the modules ECU in order to get it to work. GAP does this for you but you have to contact them and request it. Mine was from a jag and they were able to get it working with a flash. Good luck! It would be a game changer for everyone if you confirm the less expensive ford modules work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the latest SDD software for service, diagnostic, etc. there is a hack in SDD that allows to change any CCF parameter. There is a list of CCF parameters to be updated in one of the links you posted, so I will try that first and see what happens....the ECU software update could be the next step.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts