RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY2015 L494, It has the base audio system, its just missing bass. can you add a sub woofer using the standard amp.

thanks

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE
21 Posts
No, you need to add a separate amp for the new sub, I just had it done, JL Audio makes a nice sub that fits behind the left rear panel. It's not crazy bass but it's just right for the base speakers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you need to add a separate amp for the new sub, I just had it done, JL Audio makes a nice sub that fits behind the left rear panel. It's not crazy bass but it's just right for the base speakers.
Thanks can I ask what it cost was also looking at the option of an active underseat subwoofer, which has an amp built in, I am not looking for crazy bass just lacking bass with the current system

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid about $2000 for JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 and Audiocontrol LC1.800 amp, parts were about $1000, the rest is labor, very clean install, amp and sub are hidden, gone are the days of big speaker boxes taking up all the trunk space.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
Thanks can I ask what it cost was also looking at the option of an active underseat subwoofer, which has an amp built in, I am not looking for crazy bass just lacking bass with the current system
One issue is the existing RRS amp filters out the lower frequencies to protect the base speakers. It not as simple as just added a sub, you need the correct audio processor. I got a quote for a retro fit system from an Adelaide car audio store and they wanted $8,000. I won't buy another RRS with a base audio system.

·
Registered
Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged V8 2014
10 Posts
I paid about $2000 for JL Audio CS110LG-TW3 and Audiocontrol LC1.800 amp, parts were about $1000, the rest is labor, very clean install, amp and sub are hidden, gone are the days of big speaker boxes taking up all the trunk space.
Hey Keith about my Range Rover sport a couple months ago and just discovered that there was a Jl audio sub and an amp included with sub dial. I’m struggling to get that CRISP non muddy bass response any ideas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Keith about my Range Rover sport a couple months ago and just discovered that there was a Jl audio sub and an amp included with sub dial. I’m struggling to get that CRISP non muddy bass response any ideas.
I would think that the amp needs to be turned, that's what the shop had to do with mine, they asked what music I listen to and what source.
For example Siriusxm through the factory unit sounds terrible, but if I use Spotify or YouTube music then the sound is pretty good, I also just realized if you have the new Android unit..you can use the Siriusxm app and that sounds night and day better than through the factory setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would think that the amp needs to be turned, that's what the shop had to do with mine, they asked what music I listen to and what source.
For example Siriusxm through the factory unit sounds terrible, but if I use Spotify or YouTube music then the sound is pretty good, I also just realized if you have the new Android unit..you can use the Siriusxm app and that sounds night and day better than through the factory setup.
Because sxm from the satellite is compressed to within an inch of it's life. If you're on the app you're probably streaming. Sxm would sound like ass on anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts