RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to add a back up camera to my 06 rrs since the one I got didnt have one and from what I have read the only option is aftermarket. Has one tried the nav video unit before? I have also found one on ebay auction # 380195018315 both seem the same just the one on ebay is cheaper or appears to be cheaper. Whats everyones feedback and how close to factory are these or does anyone know of anything else out there. Thanks for everyones help.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
That's a Sony GVIF switch that you splice into the video feed between navigation module - under the driver seat - and front monitor to display video from the rear backup camera (or from any other video source connected to the switch), in lieu of the satnav maps, on the touchscreen. If you tap into the reverse lights lead, you should also be able to get the image from the backup camera to pop up automatically when you engage reverse. The switch and hardware are available from a variety of suppliers, see this old thread for some more info on how some forum members integrated an aftermarket backup camera using this same switch: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32085

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info is there any unit thats better than the other I just want to get the best out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts