RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade.

But you'll need:
1. The amp from RR, RRS, Evoque or Fl2 (BJ32-19C164-BF for example, 1200W version).
2. The sub from RR or RRS (LR035187 - from signature version)
3. We are already have wire to the subwoofer, but if you'll change the amp, you’ll need to install 4 additional mid speakers as well. And here is a problem - there is all necessary wire from the amp to the door connectors, but you'll need to add wire inside doors to the new speakers.

Codes for signature speakers (1200W version is less expensive, but I don't have codes at hands)
LR033292 tweeter
LR033293 middle
LR047119 middle bass
LR035187 sub

I have upgraded my audio. It's became much better, then the horrible basic audio.

question. where is the sub woofer located ? I cant find anywhere online showing it or anywhere in these threads. appreciate your time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll search for it, and will post next day.

Upgrade costed me about 2,76k USD (but I have used "used" amp from Polland. It is the most expensive part).
I have used speakers from signature (2500W) version, because there is not big difference in price from middle (1250W) version, but there is big difference in quality (for example tweeters in the middle version is the same, as in the basic version, and is different for signature).
Amp - 250 USD
Sub - 650 USD
4 middle bass - 800
7 middle - 490
7 tweeters - 420
wires - 150

2 days of research.
30 days waiting for speakers and amp.
1 or 2 day to install (I've tested 3-4 configurations: from simple to the full replacement).

All of work I've done by myself in free-time (only ones I asked friend to help me with the door wire).
Look at the attachment - there are the schemes of our audio equipment.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67260815/audio 8sp.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67260815/audio 19sp.pdf
Hello

Would you mind reposting the pdfs as they don't seem to load up right now. Looking to do this upgrade myself, have the base system and want a stock upgrade, two questions:-

1. How did you get the audio system to open up the Meridian options and hence push power to all speakers from the new amp?

2. Where does the Meridian subwoofer go when you fit it and was there a connector there ready to receive the subwoofer?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also does anyone know if the signature bass speakers are a straight swap for the normal bass speaker in the subwoofer enclosure?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please could you talk a little about what was needed to make the system work once installed - did you need to get it programmed to unlock the meridian element (ie the extra channels) or did it work without that?

I presume sound worked on all channels but you didn’t have the meridian options on the on screen menu? Or was there no sound from the extra channels until it had been programmed?

thank you!
Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade.

But you'll need:
1. The amp from RR, RRS, Evoque or Fl2 (BJ32-19C164-BF for example, 1200W version).
2. The sub from RR or RRS (LR035187 - from signature version)
3. We are already have wire to the subwoofer, but if you'll change the amp, you’ll need to install 4 additional mid speakers as well. And here is a problem - there is all necessary wire from the amp to the door connectors, but you'll need to add wire inside doors to the new speakers.

Codes for signature speakers (1200W version is less expensive, but I don't have codes at hands)
LR033292 tweeter
LR033293 middle
LR047119 middle bass
LR035187 sub

I have upgraded my audio. It's became much better, then the horrible basic audio.
Hi Baziran,

I have purchased the LR035187 subwoofer and as well as the 850 Watt premium amplifier to enhance my '16 RRS base system. Do you happen to know where the subwoofer connection is in the passenger footwell? I have read numerous times it is "pre-wired".

Many thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Appreciate the link, I have read through the thread thoroughly and the wiring diagram does not align with my system. My '16 RRS does not seem to be "pre-wired" as there are not 4 wires to connect to under the passenger seat. If you could please let me know where to locate the 4 wires, that would be much appreciated. Or, is there a place to pull new wires from the amp. Thanks!

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts