Range Rovers Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Hi oodathort not sure what you mean by splicing in a new ODB port? Please Explain further? I know that on the gap tool I had an issue when I did the adaptive cruise upgrade. Under ECU Infos it didn't see the cruise ecu. To resolve that you need to go in to IID Tool Congig menu and select Find ECU's after that I found the Cruise module but still no HCMB.
I purchased this see picture and cut each wire off old ODB port and resoldered on to new one but do it one wire at a time

Just a quick add to this for reference guys, alot of this will depend on the age of you car from 2017 there is limited function as I think the backend com system change quite a bit, Also 2014 models upto I think 2015 should all be fine but I think a 15.5MY might have also had bus speed change in the back ground as ive heard some later mirror fitted to the older cars crash the system bus, and one can guess the same the other way round, the issue with not seeing al the the ECU's I think is an odd one but I dont think its a problem with the GAP tool I think it might be a difference on the comms systems on certain age cars hence the splicing of a new OBD port opens up the list as half of the pins on those ports might not be used but maybe are on later models even inthe same year (if that makes sense, its just a guess mind!)

The HCMB module is the part that GAP can flash the firmwar on so that these mirrors work so if this cant be updated the new feature might work but as Edgtg has experienced it might be that they crash or can error as the system fails I think the GAP tool does have a function to scan for ECU's that is not the current ECU list its under the IID tool Config menu and then find ECU's this is different to the scan ECU's I did thsi when i first got my tool but thats not to say it can see them or not!

Cheers

Very good retrofit mod, sensor and switchback from a L405 ,then followed OP "meny" with the
CCF . Din not have to calibrate the sensor .
Will do the TSR and LDW as well when time permits.

Thank You!
RRS 2016

Ok cool Lane departure Im not to bothered about but the TSR might be worth it when in a town im not familiar! I ordered a GAP IID tool today so now its just a matter of waiting for lockdown to be relaxed so I can sort out a time to get the car!

Ive looked around loads of places but cant find any info on this and still not sure what it means when LR use the term LESS in the features if I find out I will post
LESS mean your LR vehicle does not have the listed feature

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.