RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport AB
22 Posts
Hi guys On this topic (I know its a month old or so!)

I was wondering I have a 2014 L494 AB that has the acc with queue assist, auto high beam assist too, blind spot monitoring as well, do you think its possible to enable the traffic sign recognition and or lane depart and emergency braking just by so software jiggery pokery?

I havent picked it up yet but I think it was an ex demo model as it seems to the park assist, soft close doors, rear screens, TV, and 360 cams and very low mileage and FLRSH and the price was right for the spec and colour combo.

Just wondered if this type of thing is possible through just a software re-prog or if I need to purchase some hardware? I cant find anything on any of the forums, not sure if the high beam assist uses a camera or just a light sensor and if there are front facing cameras is fitted to all models? here is an image of the windscreen as best as I can get it (it does looks like a camera just under the tinted section on the screen that covers most of the sensors

I had ACC on my 2010 AB SC and it worked pretty well until someone cuts in on you on the motorway and it used to break like crazy and the idiots following too close behind get to change their pants!

Not sure if the TSR is worth the hassle mind but it would be cool if these items could just be enabled (cant have too many gadgets!)

All help is much appreciated and any advice on how to get it enabled appreciated too, I guess an obdii tool and some software?

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those features were packaged together. It would be odd that they are not functional in that vehicle Are you sure they are turned off?

If they are you can turn them on with the GAP ID tool.
Hi
That's what I'm hoping, when you say those features were packaged together what features are you referring to?

This is the spec dealer spec below if you look to the bottom it says LESS (im a bit hazey on what it means my guess is it wasn't ordered)

I was hoping to enable the traffic sign recog and lane departure if it was possible its an early 2014 so maybe needs a software update if that's possible

Was gonna get one of the Gap tools just not sure what apps people use to do the programming side of things?

Minor Features
• 2 SPD TRANS CASE WITH CTL TRAC
• 3 ZONE AIR CON
• 5 SEAT CONFIGURATION
• 21X9.5 STYLE 16/5 SPLIT SPK
• 275/45R21 110Y AS
• A/V JACK + USB
• ACC+QUEUE ASSIST
• ACTIVE ROLL CONTROL
• ADAPTIVE-XENON HEADLAMPS
• AMBIENT LIGHTING- PREMIUM
• APPROACH LIGHTS
• AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
• AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSIST
• BBU WITH TILT SENSOR
• BLACK PAINTED ROOF
• BRAKE CALIPERSRED
• BRANDED REFERENCE SOUND (L5)
• CARPET-EBONY
• COLLISION MITIGATION SYS
• CONTINUOUS VARIABLE DAMPING
• COURTESY LIGHTTRUNK
• DBLE LCKNG PWR LCK LATCH/CINCH
• DIGITAL AUDIO BROADCAST
• DR SWPACK FINISH - BLACK
• DRV/PAS ELEC FT SEAT MEMORY
• DRVR PWR FRE/AFT/HGHT/TILT /EXT
• DRVRS SEAT ADJUSTABLE ARMRESTS
• DUAL VIEW TOUCHSCREEN
• EBONY HEADLINER
• ENG COOLNG FANTWIN 850W/650W
• ENGINE POWER SOURCE - 215/600
• ENGLISH/UK LITERATURE PACK
• EU5 DSL EMISSION
• EXTR MIR-ELECTRO CHROMATIC
• FLOOR MATSLEATHER EDGED
• FOOT PEDAL - METALIC FINISH
• FRONT COOLER BOX
• FRONT FOG LAMPS
• FRONT PARKING AID
• FRT/RR TGHND GLS W/RR PRIV GLS
• FUEL OPERATED HEATER
• FULL TFT/LCD INSTR CLUSTER
• HEAD REST POWER MAN FORE/AFT
• HEADLAMP POWER WASH
• HEADLINING - SUEDECLOTH
• HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN
• HEATED STEERING WHEELS
• HEATED/COOLED FRONT/REAR SEAT
• HTD/PFOLD/MEM/APP.LI GHTS
• IP CNTRST-EBONY / LUNAR
• LAMINATED WNDSCRN
• LICENCE INDICATOR
• LIGHTING PACKAGE LEVEL A
• LOCKING WHEEL LUG NUT
• LUMBAR SEAT-4 WAY ADJUST BOLST
• NAVIGATION CENTER - EUROPE
• PADDLE SHIFT - SATIN CHROME
• PARK ASSIST
• PARK HEATING W/REMOTE CONTROL
• PASS PWR FRE/AFT/HGHT/TILT /EXT
• PERIMETER /VOLUME THEFT SYSTEM
• PIRELLI TYRE VENDOR
• PROXIMITY MIRROR CAMERA
• REAR AXLE ACT LCKG DIFF W/TVBB
• REGULAR SIZE WASHER TANK
• REV TRAFFIC DETECTION/CTA/LC MA
• ROOF-SLIDING PANORAMIC
• RR ENTRTAINMNT SCREEN
• RR SEAT - 60/40 W/FOLD THRO
• RSE REMOTE CONTROL ROW
• SEATBELT LCK RETRACTELEC(DNU)
• SIDE DR TRDPLTILLUMINATED
• SOLIHULL ASSEMBLY (UK)
• SPARE WHEEL-MINI ALUM
• SPORTS SALES BADGE #2
• STARTER SYSTEM - STOP/START
• STRG COL-ELECTR TILT/REACH ADJ
• SUNVISOR,DUALDRV ILLUMINATED
• SUNVISOR,DUALPASS ILLUM
• SURROUND CAMERA SYSTEM
• TAILGATE/BOOTLID -POWERED 1PC
• TERRAIN RESPONSE 2 W/DYN PROG
• TL6 PACKAGE
• TRAFFIC MESSAGE CHANNEL-TMC
• TV RECEIVERDIGITAL
• TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTM
• UPPER ACTIVE VANES
• WATER WADE SENSING
• LESS AUTONOMOUS EMER BRAKING
• LESS ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
• LESS FIRST AID KIT
• LESS GARAGE DOOR OPENER
• LESS HEAD UP DISPLAY
• LESS INSTANT MOBILITY SYSTEM
• LESS LANE CONTROL
• LESS LOADSPACE STOWAGE RAILS
• LESS SMOKERS PACK
• LESS TELEMATICS/MULTI MEDIA
• LESS THIRD ROW SEATING
• LESS TOWING EQUIPMENT
• LESS TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry I just realized you are UK market. The packages may have been set up different. It looks like you have the camera behind the mirror. That’s the hardware you need for the TSR and LDW.
I use the GAP tool and have had good results. I’ll check to see what it says about the LSR and LDW. The LDW has a physical button you might need to add.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok cool Lane departure Im not to bothered about but the TSR might be worth it when in a town im not familiar! I ordered a GAP IID tool today so now its just a matter of waiting for lockdown to be relaxed so I can sort out a time to get the car!

Ive looked around loads of places but cant find any info on this and still not sure what it means when LR use the term LESS in the features if I find out I will post

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went through the CCF menu and It looks like TSR and LDW are connected not sure what the implication of not having the switch installed is. It might need it or it might let you turn it on in the menu and you are good for LDW. TSR should be good as it is just in the menu and has no switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cool cheers mate, when you are referring to a switch do you mean hardware as in a module? TSR is my main want but im just not sure if it uses the single cam or if it uses the twin camera system at the top of the windscreen, and if that is something fitted as standard on the Autobiography models

·
Registered
131 Posts
In cars that come with the LDW there is a switch to the right of the steering wheel for you UK chaps with right hand drive to turn it on and off. You might need to buy one and pop it in to make it work. The rest of the hardware, cameras etc is already in place. Here is a picture of the switch. On yours the middle one that is the LDW switch is probably just a blank.

TSR should just work with the CCF change

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ah I see what you mean by switch now, you are a star! Well the IID Tool has arrived so now I just need for this lockdown to be relaxed enough that I can safely go and pick her up and see. Ill keep you posted when I know more!

Cheers for your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive finally picked up my car yey! Ill be honest its a totally different experience to the 1st gen RRS SC this feels like true luxury where as the original felt luxury but in comparison a luxury van maybe much more agricultural feel. Anyway I plugged in the GAP tool and ad a poke around and managed to update the TSR function and Lane dep which now appear in the car menu screens Ive tried just TSR and Lane Dep TSR) I can see them in the menu and I can tick the box to enable them but the box un-ticks itself straight after so my guess it what ever controls it isnt fitted in the back ground? Unless I need to enable something somewhere else also. Does anyone no what bit of hardware might be needed to be connected to get this working? I will buy a new Lane Departure Warning switch just in case the functionality hinges of the car searching for that switch before any of it works, there is definitely a camera in the rear view mirror so maybe its just a module that needs to be connected up somewhere? The car has the driver assist pack so would have thought it could just be sorted through the software which I guess it has as I can now see it in the menu but cant select it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive finally picked up my car yey! Ill be honest its a totally different experience to the 1st gen RRS SC this feels like true luxury where as the original felt luxury but in comparison a luxury van maybe much more agricultural feel. Anyway I plugged in the GAP tool and ad a poke around and managed to update the TSR function and Lane dep which now appear in the car menu screens Ive tried just TSR and Lane Dep TSR) I can see them in the menu and I can tick the box to enable them but the box un-ticks itself straight after so my guess it what ever controls it isnt fitted in the back ground? Unless I need to enable something somewhere else also. Does anyone no what bit of hardware might be needed to be connected to get this working? I will buy a new Lane Departure Warning switch just in case the functionality hinges of the car searching for that switch before any of it works, there is definitely a camera in the rear view mirror so maybe its just a module that needs to be connected up somewhere? The car has the driver assist pack so would have thought it could just be sorted through the software which I guess it has as I can now see it in the menu but cant select it?
Turn the car off for 15 seconds and back on. Should work fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I might try it again then i did try setting it to just TSR with no lane departure just incase it poled the switch but it didnt make any difference, if anyone out there has a 2014 model with TSR and Lane dep you couldnt do me a favour and take a quick picture of the driver mirror are from the outside? I believe it uses the single camera under the mirror which I have but on ebay there seems to be a few spares that have 2 cameras but can only see that working on the FF's as they have 2 little triangles on the very top of the black section above the mirror for the cameras to see out of but I cant see this on any L494's

·
Registered
22 Posts
Turn the car off for 15 seconds and back on. Should work fine.
Just tired that again and I can select it in the menu and when i tick the box it just unticks itself again so my guess is that there is a module somewhere that mine doesnt have?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here is a picture of mine just the camera and the light present. I think on ones you are seeing with two “cameras” is the wading depth sensor equipped RRS’s having the extra distance sensor in the mirrors. Which another cool but basically useless feature.

I’d try installing the switch as it is cheap and easy to do so. Those two features seemed to be linked in the software.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also check out ACC retro fit thread I started. It seems firescrape successfully turned on TSR with out LDW.
here is his post:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I shall have a butchers then cheers chap, it seems odd though as I thought the cameras for TSR and or lane dep used the front facing one either below the mirror or one that looks as if its above the mirror hidden behind the blacked out section in the top of the screen? Something like on of these CAMERA EQUIPMENT (FORWARD FACING CAMERA) (FROM (V)JA000001 ) - RANGE ROVER SPORT (E3) 2014- or this item Range Rover Evoque 2012-2018 Bosch Driver Assist Camera Module | eBay I shall have another play, I did manage to change the dials to show the Supercharged style which looks pretty good havent tried any of the other options for dash TFT

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is posted on this thread also Adaptive Cruise Control retrofit how to as it has similar conversation going on

My Spec is a UK model 2013 AB Spec with TFT dash, collision mititgation, AAC + Queue assist, auto high beam assist, blind spot monitoring, rear collision monitoring, park assist (parallel only). 360 cameras, It has a camera under the rear view mirror facing outward, which I think is the one that does all this stuff unless there is another set hidden behind the black part of the screen above it? Mine has Wade sensing too (will never use it Im not sure I trust the door seals enough if im honest) so there is a sing camera on each door mirror, (the camera model is the same wide angle camera used all round the car same as the one on the tailgate). Ive ordered a switch part number VPLGP0259 which seems to be a generic part number for these switches as they are the same for L405 and L494 and I think the Disco, anyway the one I have on the way has the wiring harness for the electrics steps that I dont think I will be fitting but the switch looks the same just with an extra button! The camera and maybe this is the bit that makes it all work is this https://allbrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=4190405D&CAR=TLX2013&SPRACHE=EN#19H222 now I can see this from the outside of the car so it must be hidden behind the dark section at the top of the windscreen, but it is my understanding that this looks to be fitted to all models that have at least one driver assist options (probably fitted to all anyway).

The switch for lan dep didnt cost much so I will add anyway and see if this helps but I suspect not it just strange that if the option is available in the software from editing the CCF then the software is capable of using the system so its just a matter of if the rest of its there and Im not sure how I find out what parts of the system might be missing? I think the dual camera link above must be hidden up in the headlining at a guess but it would be handy to be able to find what ECU runs these functions as I might be able to use the gap tool to find out if that ecu is in fact available or not?

I think this is my spec based on topix and the site above
ACC PLUS WITH QUEUE ASSIST, LESS LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM, BLIND SPOT ASSIST, LESS TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION, LESS DRIVER DROWINESS MONITORING, FORWARD FACING CAMERA, HEADLAMPS - LED PREMIUM, HEADLAMPS - LED MATRIX, HEADLAMPS - LED PIXEL PLUS, HEADLAMPS - LED PIXEL

So one would conclude if this item is the bit responsible then it should be fitted as i have the aac plus and blind spot assist?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
57 Posts
Update, I installed the trunk/LDW switch last night and programmed +TSR +LDW. Almost immediately I received a LDW fault. I attempted to go in to my dash settings and turn them on but “traffic signs” and “lane departure” were grayed out. I guess the positive is, having them in my menu now, but not being able to access them still makes this useless. 2015 L494
Still investigating.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts