RangeRovers.net Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dealers won’t even plug in for a service. Well they don’t here in the UK anyway. They are scared to death of firmware etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
Just about to do this on a 2015 L494
Can I ask about part numbers.?
Which part number do I need for the sensor and switch pack as there are so many.
DPLA- FPLA?
I’ve nothing to compare it to as I’m retrofitting.??

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport AB
27 Posts
Well, after purchasing a new mirror and some help from Pat at GAP, I have successfully installed LDW and TSR. Thanks for all the help guys. Still waiting to find an ACC radar for a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you were the guy I was waiting on Pat for, Ive just done the same adding the mirror and getting LDW and TSR running on a 2014 AB, Flashed the ecu in the new mirror and then added int hth features and it all appears to be working, havent been out for a drive yet to test Only thing ive noticed is Forward Alert doesnt work now so my guess is it was using the ACC before and now it uses the mirror cam so might need to change something if anyone has any ideas I think it might be forward collision migation gen1 maybe needs to be changes to Gen 2 or 3 if anyone knows the difference? Also now this camera is fitted is it possible to enable lane keep assist where it actively steers back into the lane if you should stray? or was this only something on the later models?

As soon as I can confirm it all works I will try and do a write up for the mirror install and what is needed and make a new post for others as it has been quite hard work finding the correct parts and appreciate everyones help this is a great community.

It would be great if there was an actual list of the CCF files on say L494, L405 onwards that explain what they mean or at least what some of them do, some are obvious but others are not like the difference between gen1, gen2 , or gen3 I know LR are not going o give this up an wouldnt expect GAP to for liability reasons, but an informal cross ref would be great. Only issue would be knowing what hardware might be required if its not just software related

Reactions: Wilburforce

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport AB
27 Posts
Great mate Keep us posted.
Just retrofitted High Beam assist tonight with help of Pat at Gap. Great guy.
He is indeed if ur mirror has the camera then the gap tool should just enable it as im guessing Pat gave you a firmware file to flash the mirror?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
The mirror is a Landrover part not a Jaguar. Why would the mirror need a flash mate?
If Gap can enable it on the car, then that’s all that’s needed ? I would have thought.? Or am I missing something mate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great mate Keep us posted.
Just retrofitted High Beam assist tonight with help of Pat at Gap. Great guy.
Have you got a write up of this anywhere? Intrigued to hear the parts and costs involved, I've already got a GAP tool on the way...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you got a write up of this anywhere? Intrigued to hear the parts and costs involved, I've already got a GAP tool on the way...
Hi mate
What year is your car?
PM me a photo of the front and rear of your mirror mate clearly showing the long part number, it will start with something like DPLA.
I’ll then cross reference the mirror you need.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Hi mate
What year is your car?
PM me a photo of the front and rear of your mirror mate clearly showing the long part number, it will start with something like DPLA.
I’ll then cross reference the mirror you need.
I have the AHB mirror for sale, if interested. Pulled from my 2015 L494. DM if interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have some time that’s for sure.
Does the gap tool remember my stock settings ?
I don't think gap remembers previous settings but if you go back and look at the pictures you posted I believe you've got the stock settings in there. At least I hope they are stock settings as that's what I used to get rig back to stock when the used ACC module I bought wouldn't light up. Glad you posted them!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Yes Gap makes a back up of EAS settings and CCF settings the first time you use it. So there is always an origami to read write if you mess anything up.
GAP IS a fantastic piece of kit and the developer deserves a medal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have now successfully retrofitted ACC to my MY2016 HSE Dynamic.

I used the FPLA radar (I'm UK based) and bought a new steering wheel with the right controls as I also retrofitted a heated steering wheel at the same time.
Fitting was straight forward - I was able to leave the electric plug connection side of the front bumper untouched and get enough access to change the radar by undoing everything else (washer hose side) and moving the bumper partially out of the way.
Steering wheel is also easy, just remember to disconnect the battery when removing the airbag. Some good videos online, anyway.

Programming was really easy using a GAP tool - I followed the original settings on the first page apart from using UK/Europe as my region.
On the first test drive, it turned on but as soon as it saw another car it panicked and said I needed to take over - I assumed this was a calibration issue.
Contacted GAP and got them to enable the beta firmware build which included the ACC calibration mode. 5.5 miles later (2.5miles country roads, 3 miles dual carriageway) the calibration light stopped flashing. Car off for 15 seconds, back on...and the short test drive home it seemed to be working properly!

Got a drive of a few hours next weekend so looking forward to testing it out properly then.

Thanks to everyone for all the useful input, especially Gpplutta for the excellent guide from the start.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
I have now successfully retrofitted ACC to my MY2016 HSE Dynamic.

I used the FPLA radar (I'm UK based) and bought a new steering wheel with the right controls as I also retrofitted a heated steering wheel at the same time.
Fitting was straight forward - I was able to leave the electric plug connection side of the front bumper untouched and get enough access to change the radar by undoing everything else (washer hose side) and moving the bumper partially out of the way.
Steering wheel is also easy, just remember to disconnect the battery when removing the airbag. Some good videos online, anyway.

Programming was really easy using a GAP tool - I followed the original settings on the first page apart from using UK/Europe as my region.
On the first test drive, it turned on but as soon as it saw another car it panicked and said I needed to take over - I assumed this was a calibration issue.
Contacted GAP and got them to enable the beta firmware build which included the ACC calibration mode. 5.5 miles later (2.5miles country roads, 3 miles dual carriageway) the calibration light stopped flashing. Car off for 15 seconds, back on...and the short test drive home it seemed to be working properly!

Got a drive of a few hours next weekend so looking forward to testing it out properly then.

Thanks to everyone for all the useful input, especially Gpplutta for the excellent guide from the start.
Awesome! Glad to hear it turned out successful. I use it daily and it makes a difference in my stress levels as I just let it deal with the cars that can't seem to maintain a set speed. It seems no one uses cruise control. lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome! Glad to here it turned out successful. I use it daily and it makes a difference in my stress levels as I just let it deal with the cars that can't seem to maintain a set speed. It seems no one uses cruise control. lol
Tell me about it...it's exactly the same over here - drives me mad! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Going to program mine today. Anyone with a 2015 successfully program yet? If so, can you send me the specific modifications for the GAP tool? Looking for what gen, etc?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Going to program mine today. Anyone with a 2015 successfully program yet? If so, can you send me the specific modifications for the GAP tool? Looking for what gen, etc?

firescrap,
My first posts cover it exactly as you will need to modify the CCF's (11 total) and the calibration (if needed). It really is straight forward as changing the settings from one to the next. At the end you will tell it to write the changes and its done. When you start it back up just go into the dash menu and active forward collision. The green triangle will now show up on your dash (should come on briefly during start up as well).

Pherplexed even put the settings in text if that's easier then the pictures of the app I posted:

• Speed Control: Adaptive speed control is fitted
  • Adaptive Speed Control ECU: North America, Canada, Mexico, Australia
  • Adaptive Speed Control ECU: Standard blockage level -40dB
  • Collision Mitigation By Braking: Fitted
  • Standard Speed Control Display Type: Adaptive speed control full display plus priority messages
  • Speed Control: Adaptive speed control with queue assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control Indication In Instrument Cluster: Enabled
  • Speed Control: Adaptive speed control, stop and go
  • Collision Mitigation By Braking: Collision mitigation by braking GEN 3
  • Forward Collision Warning: Forward collision warning GEN 3
  • Front Crash Sensing System: Front crash sensing system - Upfront sensor
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
firescrap,
My first posts cover it exactly as you will need to modify the CCF's (11 total) and the calibration (if needed). It really is straight forward as changing the settings from one to the next. At the end you will tell it to write the changes and its done. When you start it back up just go into the dash menu and active forward collision. The green triangle will now show up on your dash (should come on briefly during start up as well).

Pherplexed even put the settings in text if that's easier then the pictures of the app I posted:

• Speed Control: Adaptive speed control is fitted
  • Adaptive Speed Control ECU: North America, Canada, Mexico, Australia
  • Adaptive Speed Control ECU: Standard blockage level -40dB
  • Collision Mitigation By Braking: Fitted
  • Standard Speed Control Display Type: Adaptive speed control full display plus priority messages
  • Speed Control: Adaptive speed control with queue assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control Indication In Instrument Cluster: Enabled
  • Speed Control: Adaptive speed control, stop and go
  • Collision Mitigation By Braking: Collision mitigation by braking GEN 3
  • Forward Collision Warning: Forward collision warning GEN 3
  • Front Crash Sensing System: Front crash sensing system - Upfront sensor
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Thanks again Gpplutta

Stellar work. My only question is, how do you know which GEN for the specific year/model of your RR? Or does it matter?

161 - 180 of 192 Posts