RangeRovers.net Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
59 Posts
Can’t answer that, I have HUD.
Sorry, should have made that more clear. That’s what I was referring to when I stated I’m fairly certain it won’t work w/ a standard analog dash w/o HUD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here, again I have analog dash, HUD, TSR, and LDW all from factory. In addition I have retrofit ACC and forward collision. 16 L494

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport AB
22 Posts
Yeah its weird mine is a UK model 2013 AB Spec with TFT dash, collision mititgation, AAC + Queue assist, auto high beam assist, blind spot monitoring, rear collision monitoring, park assist (parallel only). 360 cameras, It has a camera under the rear view mirror facing outward, which I think is the one that does all this stuff unless there is another set hidden behind the black part of the screen above it? Mine has Wade sensing too (will never use it Im not sure I trust the door seals enough if im honest) so there is a sing camera on each door mirror, (the camera model is the same wide angle camera used all round the car same as the one on the tailgate). Ive ordered a switch part number VPLGP0259 which seems to be a generic part number for these switches as they are the same for L405 and L494 and I think the Disco, anyway the one I have on the way has the wiring harness for the electrics steps that I dont think I will be fitting but the switch looks the same just with an extra button! The camera and maybe this is the bit that makes it all work is this https://allbrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=4190405D&CAR=TLX2013&SPRACHE=EN#19H222 now I can see this from the outside of the car so it must be hidden behind the dark section at the top of the windscreen, but it is my understanding that this looks to be fitted to all models that have at least one driver assist options (probably fitted to all anyway).

The switch for lan dep didnt cost much so I will add anyway and see if this helps but I suspect not it just strange that if the option is available in the software from editing the CCF then the software is capable of using the system so its just a matter of if the rest of its there and Im not sure how I find out what parts of the system might be missing? I think the dual camera link above must be hidden up in the headlining at a guess but it would be handy to be able to find what ECU runs these functions as I might be able to use the gap tool to find out if that ecu is in fact available or not?

I think this is my spec based on topix and the site above
ACC PLUS WITH QUEUE ASSIST, LESS LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM, BLIND SPOT ASSIST, LESS TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION, LESS DRIVER DROWINESS MONITORING, FORWARD FACING CAMERA, HEADLAMPS - LED PREMIUM, HEADLAMPS - LED MATRIX, HEADLAMPS - LED PIXEL PLUS, HEADLAMPS - LED PIXEL

So one would conclude if this item is the bit responsible then it should be fitted as i have the aac plus and blind spot assist?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally got around to installing the sensor (it's a HPLA) and ran into some strange issues with the programming.
I used these settings:

1) Speed Control
Adaptive speed control is fitted

2) Adaptive Speed Control ECU
North America, Canada

3) Adaptive speed control ECU
Standard blockage level -40db

4) Collision mitigation by braking
Fitted

5) Standard speed control display type
Adaptive speed control full display plus priority messages

6) Speed Control
adaptive speed control with queue assist

7) Adaptive cruise control indication in instrument cluster
Enabled

8) Speed control
adaptive speed control, stop and go

9) Forward collision warning
Forward collision warning GEN3

10) Front crash sensing system
Front crash sensing system Upfront sensor

11) Collision mitigation by braking
Collision mitigation by braking GEN3

After uploading these changes cruise did not work plus I had 3 issues
Parking Brake light
Cruise not available light
Auto stop start not available error

I went back and reloaded to stock settings and then uploaded each change one by one to see which setting was causing the errors.
The first 4 loaded fine, 9,10,11 as well
#5 turned off auto start
#7 caused the cruise not available error (once back to stock settings with this setting still set at adaptive cruise, it would trigger the cruise not available light, but cruise did work)
#8 tripped the parking brake light

I'm not sure the sensor is working at all. Does anyone know if there's a way I can test the sensor to see if it's even functioning?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally got around to installing the sensor (it's a HPLA) and ran into some strange issues with the programming.
I used these settings:

1) Speed Control

North America, Canada

Fitted

6) Speed Control

Enabled

8) Speed control

Parking Brake light

I went back and reloaded to stock settings and then uploaded each change one by one to see which setting was causing the errors.
The first 4 loaded fine,
#5 turned off auto start
#7 caused the cruise not available error (once back to stock settings with this setting still set at adaptive cruise, it would trigger the cruise not available light, but cruise did work)

I'm not sure the sensor is working at all. Does anyone know if there's a way I can test the sensor to see if it's even functioning?
What year and model?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
58 Posts
Now just bolt up the bracket, plug the cable into the sensor, then it locks into the three posts on the bracket.
Here is what it looks like ready to go.
View attachment 283784
Put the bumper back on and it’s time to program the ECU for ACC.
Just got my parts in. I feel like this might be a dumb question, but how does the sensor lock to the posts? Do the heads on the posts snap into place? I didn’t want to bend or break something by accident.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Just got my parts in. I feel like this might be a dumb question, but how does the sensor lock to the posts? Do the heads on the posts snap into place? I didn’t want to bend or break something by accident.
Billybobrrs is correct. It is just a friction fit. You shouldn't have to push very hard for them to pop on.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Did you try having GAP reflash the firmware on it?
No, I did not know that was possible. Spent 1/2 a day jacking with it and never was able to get it working, so I gave up, removed the HPLA and put my bumper back on.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
58 Posts
Status: Was able to finally install this over the weekend on my L405. Thanks to the help in this thread, the whole process only took about two hours start to finish.

Was a little nervous running the CCF changes and upload but it all went without a hitch. (Side note: it's so cool to see the car shut off and fully restart itself without any intervention during the upload process! Makes me wonder if I could enable remote start...anyone know?) Calibration was simple using a local highway...took exactly 7 miles to complete.

The system seems to be working great, although I haven't had the nerve to test the forward alert function yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry, should have made that more clear. That’s what I was referring to when I stated I’m fairly certain it won’t work w/ a standard analog dash w/o HUD.

Well, after purchasing a new mirror and some help from Pat at GAP, I have successfully installed LDW and TSR. Thanks for all the help guys. Still waiting to find an ACC radar for a decent price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used these settings:

1) Speed Control

North America, Canada

Fitted

6) Speed Control

Enabled

8) Speed control

Parking Brake light

The first 4 loaded fine, 9,10,11 as well
#5 turned off auto start

So here's the deal on my install... Patrick was a huge help in trying to get this to work but in the end the car was just not recognizing the sensor. There's a number of possible reasons for that, wrong sensor type, not getting power, or it's just bad. Kind of goes with the territory when dealing with used parts. Not sure I'll throw any more money at this project especially since while all this was going on someone decided to back into my front bumper and tore off the entire bottom section, from the fog light on down on the passenger side. I just got the car back from the body shop with a nice new freshly painted bumper so I'm not all that excited about pulling the bumper again to mess with the sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I joined today purely because of this exciting thread....You have really been working hard to resolve the issues...amazing job.

I have new 2020 Range Rover Sport, using the VIN number I was able to confirm that the Adaptive Cruise Sensor KY 329G_768_AH was the right version for my car. Thankfully these can be found for under £500.
Interestingly my buddies 2019 has a different sensor number, although I cannot see any physical difference.

The only challenge I see is that the GAP tool is not ready for the 2018 RRS onwards. I will have to investigate an alternative, or wait for the GAP guys

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know the size of the bolts needed to secure the radar to the car?

Thanks
Doesn’t answer your question directly, but I decided not to fight with figuring out the size and thread and just ordered 3 bolts from the dealer. Part number is RYG500160.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn’t answer your question directly, but I decided not to fight with figuring out the size and thread and just ordered 3 bolts from the dealer. Part number is RYG500160.
That's great, thank you!
Having looked it up they're only £0.42 each. I've just had to replace a bolt on my Porsche 911 and it was £16.38!!

121 - 140 of 155 Posts