RangeRovers.net Forum banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
59 Posts
Well...... I got super excited to find the ACC radar and bracket online so I pulled the trigger and she is pictured. Here is my question, it doesn’t look the same as most have pictured. It looks like it is for a newer model setup. I have a 2015 L494. It appears this is for a 2018 and newer L494. Anyone have any intel on fitment or adaptability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
from my search on part numbers, I think its actually 19+ ... Unfortunately I don't think you can make it work on a previous year, harness is also different by the looks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Much appreciated Kalen. I’ll send er back. Back on the hunt. Dang.

Cheers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well she’s on her way back. In the meantime, I used the GAP tool to load LDW and TSR. I quickly got an LDW fault. I then changed it to LDW off and TSR on.

See what happens. 2015 L494

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well she’s on her way back. In the meantime, I used the GAP tool to load LDW and TSR. I quickly got an LDW fault. I then changed it to LDW off and TSR on.

See what happens. 2015 L494

Interesting, in the other thread here:

pjbrqcer1 tried turning on his TSR and LDW with a GAP tool and it simply unchecked the boxes and would not activate at all. Do you have a LDW on/off switch located on the lower dash next to the interior light control?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting, in the other thread here:

pjbrqcer1 tried turning on his TSR and LDW with a GAP tool and it simply unchecked the boxes and would not activate at all. Do you have a LDW on/off switch located on the lower dash next to the interior light control?
Update. I was able to check TSR and not LDW and it loaded just fine. I am getting TPMS and check engine faults now on the dash and don’t see the TSR displayed on the dash. That being said, I don’t know if it can displayed on the analog dash or where it would be displayed on the dash, if so. I do not have the LDW button, but have one on the way to install this week. I will follow up when it’s installed.

2015 L494

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Update. I was able to check TSR and not LDW and it loaded just fine. I am getting TPMS and check engine faults now on the dash and don’t see the TSR displayed on the dash. That being said, I don’t know if it can displayed on the analog dash or where it would be displayed on the dash, if so. I do not have the LDW button, but have one on the way to install this week. I will follow up when it’s installed.

2015 L494

Oh yeah,
The analog dash is an interesting twist. I wonder if there was a factory combo with TSR and an analog dash? The only way I could see that working is if the Heads Up Display was optioned with the analog dash as TSR is displayed in the dash and HUD. I don't know if you could get the HUD with an analog dash. Do you have a HUD?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh yeah,
The analog dash is an interesting twist. I wonder if there was a factory combo with TSR and an analog dash? The only way I could see that working is if the Heads Up Display was optioned with the analog dash as TSR is displayed in the dash and HUD. I don't know if you could get the HUD with an analog dash. Do you have a HUD?
I have the HUD with the analog dash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Guess I might have to look at upgrading to HUD, if possible now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Firescrap, I am following this from afar, and will likely attempt the ACC and LDW retrofit at some point. For the LDW switch - what part number did you order? (while I do not expect the LDW retrofit to do the steering wheel buzz, it would be cool to at least get the dash light come on)

·
Registered
29 Posts
It’s funny, my wife keeps the LDW on at all times, yet it’s the first thing I turn off when I drive her Sport. I F#%*ing hate LDW... Maybe it’s because I need it lol...

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport AB
22 Posts
HI Guys Ive tried enabling the TSR and Lane dep using the GAP Tool and both appear in the dash options mien is full TFT, but when selected the box unticks itself which would mean that it can activate the function, so I tried just TSR on its own and still no joy allthough the spec of my car would appear to have driver assist but without these functions it has blind spot monitoring and collision mitigation and AAC + with queue assist.

Im not bothered about lane assist that much it was only the TSR I though might be handy, Ive ordered a Lane dep/deployable side steps switch and harness (wont bother fitting the harness as im gonna go for fixed side steps anyway. As soon as the switch arrives I will try again, Im thinking maybe the system poles the car and if the lane dep switch isnt present then it wont activate, that said though I thing there is an option for TSR only with no lane dep so not sure why mine unticks itself, ive left the car off for over night and come back to it but still no joy, out of interest does anyone know what the next time you start the car switch it of then switch is back on again actually does as far as the process? Pat from GAP thinks there might be something else that need to activated or changed to fitted, but as mine is the earlier model maybe it just simply isnt there or need some other ecu to be updated firmware wise before it will work! Its actually a 2013 build (ex showroom model at launch hence it being loaded with most options (except TSR and Lane Dep Warning of course!)
Any help is appreciated cheers GPPlutta for bumping in this thread too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
For reference, prob best everyone list model and year for cross reference. 2015 Sport (L494)

I am pretty certain TSR will not work with a stand-alone analog dash. What I don’t know is the logistics behind installing HUD.

I had no problem checking any of the options for LDW and TSR. Really don’t “need” any of those options, I’m just tinkering while waiting for a radar unit and contributing for the cause ;)

LR047121 was the part I purchased to test the LDW fault. I’ll keep y’all tuned.

Cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
For reference, prob best everyone list model and year for cross reference. 2015 Sport (L494)

I am pretty certain TSR will not work with a stand-alone analog dash. What I don’t know is the logistics behind installing HUD.

I had no problem checking any of the options for LDW and TSR. Really don’t “need” any of those options, I’m just tinkering while waiting for a radar unit and contributing for the cause ;)

LR047121 was the part I purchased to test the LDW fault. I’ll keep y’all tuned.

Cheers

TSR most certainly works with the analog dash.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts