Range Rovers Forum banner

201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one here that "Didn't Enjoy" removing the entire bumper... I've been turning wrenches for almost 20 years and the front bumper removal took me a total of (3) hours to do. Of course I went slow making sure not to break anything or ruin any wiring or sensors but some of you guys are reporting of doing the bumper removal in under an hour. They must have done it before... I expect reinstalling the bumper to take about an hour now I know the sequence and am comfortable... But I'm with you BillyBobRRS... I never ever want to have to remove that front bumper for anything ever again... I had to remove mine due to the driver's side camera being pushed in it's recess bracket by a rock from a dump truck and no matter what I tried I couldn't get at it to reset it or even know if I could. All that work for a literal 1.5 second push back the camera into it's bracket. I electrically tapped the piss out of both cameras and the ear tabs making them pinch those cameras harder into their brackets...

Dealer quoted me $740 each for new camera's with spotless lenses and I just kindly laughed and said I'll keep using my current ones. I wish I could just change out the plastic clear lens cover but know that isn't an option.

Cool for all you guys that installed an ACC and like it. I'm too much of a "Control FreaK" to trust that feature or I'd be all over the install considering the front bumper is on a rack in my garage. Good for you guys! Mine came with the Auto Dimming Mirror with the camera pointed out the front but not the ACC radar which seems weird to me.

Anyone know what the "Condensers" are for behind where the fog-lights sit that flank the main middle radiator? Just curious as to their function. I suspect they might cool the AWD system and Tranny but that is just speculation!

Pic of her all freshly disassembled while out in the rain today... That certainly didn't help with the removal process time I can attest!
They are the heat exchangers for the air to water intercooler

·
Registered
58 Posts
This part “2016 RANGE ROVER SPORT Adaptive Cruise Control Radar Sensors FPLA-9G768-AC” has worked perfectly on my 2015 L405.
The installation+programming took 2 hours with recent prior experience taking the bumper off.
Everything worked perfectly. No flashes or mysterious ECU updates were needed.
Just updated 14 CCF parameters (see attached) and ran “calibrate speed control module” in SDD 159.07. Drove car for 5 miles until the flashing “follow mode” icon disappeared, restarted the car and everything began working as expected (see picture of the dash) BC578B22-5FA7-4497-AC11-B24AD8182681.jpeg FE3FA1FC-4099-46C3-873D-068E2E096D01.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thought I would share a pic of how to get the air bag off the steering wheel.
My ACC install went well but the calibration CCM cruise Control isn’t on my GAP tool for some reason. Have contacted Patrick and will await his response.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did mine using SDD, but I hear IID has a special tool just for executing the command on the CCM. Once calibration command is correctly executed, you should see the amber gap indicator flashing in the message center. Once calibration is successful, the indicator will stop flashing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Asked Gap how I should get the Cruise calibration on the gap tool and they asked that I update the Gap tools firmware from 2691 to 2742 which resulted in the menu item being available.
Once executed and the orange cruise symbol stopped flashing, after about 8kms, on the binnacle. The car was restarted and the green symbol on the binnacle is present. Forward alert can’t be selected from the menu however.
Unfortunately the cruise still failed with a ‘Cruise Control Unavailable’ Alert.
Checking the faults I found a ‘U2101-00 control module configuration incompatible‘ On the CCM-Cruise Control ECU. I’m thinking the sensor I purchase might be incompatible. It’s part number is GX739G768AD. Any ideas would be appreciated and I have escalated this to GAP to see if they can shed some light in the issue.

I’ve noticed the CCM module firmware is a little out of date for signal F113, and 188 so I wonder if it needs updating. Cheers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Asked Gap how I should get the Cruise calibration on the gap tool and they asked that I update the Gap tools firmware from 2691 to 2742 which resulted in the menu item being available.
Once executed and the orange cruise symbol stopped flashing, after about 8kms, on the binnacle. The car was restarted and the green symbol on the binnacle is present. Forward alert can’t be selected from the menu however.
Unfortunately the cruise still failed with a ‘Cruise Control Unavailable’ Alert.
Checking the faults I found a ‘U2101-00 control module configuration incompatible‘ On the CCM-Cruise Control ECU. I’m thinking the sensor I purchase might be incompatible. It’s part number is GX739G768AD. Any ideas would be appreciated and I have escalated this to GAP to see if they can shed some light in the issue.

I’ve noticed the CCM module firmware is a little out of date for signal F113, and 188 so I wonder if it needs updating. Cheers.

You have a Jaguar module. They have different firmware due to the different sensor location /height. GAP is able to reflash the firmware to the correct version. I don't recommend any of the GX series modules due to the extra steps required for the firmware but it works in the end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You have a Jaguar module. They have different firmware due to the different sensor location /height. GAP is able to reflash the firmware to the correct version. I don't recommend any of the GX series modules due to the extra steps required for the firmware but it works in the end.
Thankyou. Was following their FAQ but as you said it works in the end. Cheers.
EBF728F6-140C-423A-856A-BF207D46ADF0.jpeg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol, All the configuration data in that FAQ is what I worked out on my own. Nice of Pat to mention they were going to use it in their documentation. Just glad its out there now I guess.
Well done again. The thread is full of great stuff from you and plagiarism is the ultimate form of flattery.
GAP charged me CA$45 for a fast lane service to reflash the CCM sensor to a more car friendly version suiting a RRs. Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI All I hope can help. im new on here. I have a RRS 2018 L494 facelift model and wanted add ACC
Question will the Sensor unit HPLA-9G768 - AF fit and work on my car ?
Also as its the newer steering wheel I assume I will not need to change anything re that ?

All the help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know if that sensor will work, but your larger issue may be finding a tool that will allow you to modify the CCFs on a 2018. On the GAP website they mention there is limited coverage for 2017 and up. It may be limited coverage on 2017 and above includes the CCFs you need to modify for ACC, but contacting GAP and finding out for sure should probably be your first step.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks sorry who is GAP and how do I contact them ?
Sorry as I said I’m. NEw on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
HI All I hope can help. im new on here. I have a RRS 2018 L494 facelift model and wanted add ACC
Question will the Sensor unit HPLA-9G768 - AF fit and work on my car ?
Also as its the newer steering wheel I assume I will not need to change anything re that ?

All the help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Billybobrrs is correct this is not an option yet through the GAP tool. Just spoke with Pat Monday and they do not support CCFs on 2018+ vehicles yet. They are working on it but there is no timeline for when they will be done or if ever. There are other methods to doing it through the Pathfinder software but that is much more time consuming.

Also you still need the correct button pack on your steering wheel the newer ones are the same that if you didn't purchase the option from the factory you don't have the correct button pack (the one with arrows on the right side button pack

·
Registered
2015 RRS TDV6 SE
63 Posts
Gpplutta, excellent write up! Have just read the entire thread front to back, can’t wait to take this on!

I do a lot of highway driving and still is one of those “option regrets” I wish i got from factory.

Few questions:

1. PARTS
    1. Sensor - LR062658
      1. There are several part numbers floating around outside of your initial one LR062658. Can you provide a list of what ones should work?
    2. Bracket - LR060076
      1. Bracket Bolts (x3) - RYG500160
    3. Steering Controls - LR087486
      1. I’m looking at also upgrading the controls to the +2018 ones, I couldn’t see anyone attempting it, do you know if they’ll work?
I’ve just started up a YouTube channel and plan to make an install video of the whole process.

·
Registered
2015 RRS TDV6 SE
63 Posts
I saw this when I was surfing for facelift components for my 2016 RRs SDV6

What year are you adding the ACC to ?
I‘ve just found a thread where someone’s done it. Expensive exercise! About $1,500 at the end of the day.

Mines a 2015.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Gpplutta, excellent write up! Have just read the entire thread front to back, can’t wait to take this on!

I do a lot of highway driving and still is one of those “option regrets” I wish i got from factory.

Few questions:

1. PARTS
    1. Sensor - LR062658
      1. There are several part numbers floating around outside of your initial one LR062658. Can you provide a list of what ones should work?
    2. Bracket - LR060076
      1. Bracket Bolts (x3) - RYG500160
    3. Steering Controls - LR087486
      1. I’m looking at also upgrading the controls to the +2018 ones, I couldn’t see anyone attempting it, do you know if they’ll work?
I’ve just started up a YouTube channel and plan to make an install video of the whole process.
BANK5,
Great, adding a video with all of this data will make it even easier for people to do this themselves!
To answer your questions:

Sensor - LR062658
We have been referencing the actual part numbers as they contain more data then the LRXXXX numbers
If you dig through this thread there are several modules that have been found to work. Always recommend starting with one that came with your year and model as that is a known working combination.

As you wander off of that you get into issues where GAP will have to reflash the sensor with new firmware or it just won't work and you've wasted time and money. the DLPA-9G786-AD I used has always worked and the HLPA version as well. There are the sensor from Jaguars such as GX73-9G768-AD that has been used successfully but requires the firmware flash from GAP.

Here is the FAQ from GAP where they literally cut and pasted this thread on to their page.

Bracket - LR060076 Bracket Bolts (x3) - RYG500160
I'm guessing you're asking what the bolts specs are? No one has bothered to figure it out as they are less then the cost of gas driving to the hardware store to fumble around and figure it out when the factory ones are another known good.

Steering Controls - LR087486
Yes several of us have or are runnning them. I made an entire thread on the install. They work fine, the buttons that were not on the 2014-16 versions don't work though, i.e LDW and speed limiter

Here is the thread:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I‘ve just found a thread where someone’s done it. Expensive exercise! About $1,500 at the end of the day.

Mines a 2015.
Nice.

ACC upgrade is very good.
BANK5,
Great, adding a video with all of this data will make it even easier for people to do this themselves!
To answer your questions:

Sensor - LR062658
We have been referencing the actual part numbers as they contain more data then the LRXXXX numbers
If you dig through this thread there are several modules that have been found to work. Always recommend starting with one that came with your year and model as that is a known working combination.

As you wander off of that you get into issues where GAP will have to reflash the sensor with new firmware or it just won't work and you've wasted time and money. the DLPA-9G786-AD I used has always worked and the HLPA version as well. There are the sensor from Jaguars such as GX73-9G768-AD that has been used successfully but requires the firmware flash from GAP.

Here is the FAQ from GAP where they literally cut and pasted this thread on to their page.

Bracket - LR060076 Bracket Bolts (x3) - RYG500160
I'm guessing you're asking what the bolts specs are? No one has bothered to figure it out as they are less then the cost of gas driving to the hardware store to fumble around and figure it out when the factory ones are another known good.

Steering Controls - LR087486
Yes several of us have or are runnning them. I made an entire thread on the install. They work fine, the buttons that were not on the 2014-16 versions don't work though, i.e LDW and speed limiter

Here is the thread:
Nice work, didn’t know of that thread. Euroactive are selling the 2018+ Steering controls with car systems converter. They also sell the upgraded window switch panel. Have you completed that one yet ?

201 - 220 of 237 Posts