RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 with adaptive cruise control and I’m kind of confused on the emergency stopping and the queue assist.

Firstly does the automatic stopping only happen when ACC is engaged? Like if I’m driving along without cruise control on and I am distracted for whatever reason and the car in front of me slammed on the brakes other than the audible alarm will the vehicle actually stop or try to stop? Reading the literature I’m not really sure and watching the YouTube videos I’m not sure either. I am not looking to use it as a crutch just want to know its capability.

Secondly I don’t really understand how the queue assist works how do I enable it in stop and go traffic or slow traffic?

Mucho thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it’s 2016 model year onwards, then yes for UK cars, not sure if that is different in other markets. Prior to 2016 model year I am not sure and you’d need to thumb through your owners manual.

The features called Intelligent Emergency Braking (IEB) and it’s only fitted if you have adaptive cruise control. It works at all times regardless of cruise control and at all speeds, but note, it won’t detect/react to stationary or oncoming traffic. It won’t necessary stop you from crashing, but it aims to significantly reduce the speed at impact.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Note I have a RRS L494, not a L405

Emergency braking works without ACC engaged. Sometimes you can feel it engaging. I notice it when the car in front is turning right and I don't brake because I can see the car will be out of my way by the time I get there. The RRS however only sees a slow object in front of me and does not know it is turning thus it will gently apply the brakes.

Queue assist is a strange bird. At least from my experience (given the lack of literature), you need to have ACC engaged which can only occur over 20mph. If the traffic then slows down to a crawl or a stop, the RRS will slow with it and even stop and restart at a standstill. If you come to a full stop, you do however need to touch the gas to begin moving again. The 20mph requirement kinda renders this useless if you are already in traffic and you want to engage it because you can't.

All this is from my experimenting with the systems. Open to hearing others experiences.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
2019 Disco 5 with adaptive cruise it works with cruise off, or I can leave adaptive cruise on and it will be stop and go unless I'm stopped for more than 5-6 seconds, and I have to press the gas pedal.
from my understanding the D5 is the same system as the 405.

I also noted it working when someone in front of me is turning, I anticipate them to be gone from that spot by the time I get there but the truck will still slow me down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts