RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on an old thread that someone put on Bosch Icons on their RRS. I've had them on several cars and love them so I bought a set. The connector doesn't work for my 2017 and I was wondering if there was some kind of adapter that would work so I can use them. Thanks

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
235 Posts
On my 2015, the wipers are hook type. You may have bought the wrong part number. There should be adapters in the package that will fit.

RRS 2015.5 HSE SCV6

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 2015, the wipers are hook type. You may have bought the wrong part number. There should be adapters in the package that will fit.

RRS 2015.5 HSE SCV6

The 2017's aren't the J-hook fitting and the package doesn't come with anything additional.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Icons have been a disaster on Range Rovers for ages. Save yourself the frustration and go with something else. There was an adapter that was developed back in 2004 or 2005...ish that worked well. Sadly they stopped making them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a preference? I like the performance of the icons and they work well in snow/ice. I don't want Rainx because I've had issues with their products leaving streaks on windshields.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
235 Posts
@RRToadHall, not sure why you say the Bosch Icons have been a disaster. They're the only ones that don't streak and last a long time. I've tried RainX, they suck. Anco's and Trico's don't last long at all before streaking. All the "aero" blades lift off the windshield at highway speeds due to the rake of the windshield.
Besides the adapter issue, in my opinion after trying many brands, these are the best wiper blades in the market right now.

RRS 2015.5 HSE SCV6

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
They may very well be the best on the market but if you have no way to mount them they are useless to Range Rover owners with this issue. We've gone through this in multiple threads across different models. The only adapter option available has been discontinued for quite some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts