RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our new RR was involved in an accident, the other driver ( jeep) claimed driving slow(25 MPH), but the damages say either the RR does not stand for its name or the other driver was speeding.

what do you say?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hope you are all ok? Looks like the side airbags deployed. Did the Jeep have some kind of bull-bar on the front? It looks like someone used a can opener on the RR!

My teen just started driving and the first thing I told him is if he got into an accident, he should try to not say anything that would imply he was at fault ... so I wouldn't put too much weight on anything the other driver says.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all are ok, thanks, no bull-bar on that jeep.

if the real speed was 25 MPH, what will happen to a RR if it is hit the same way at a higher speed?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
all are ok, thanks, no bull-bar on that jeep.

if the real speed was 25 MPH, what will happen to a RR if it is hit the same way at a higher speed?
Probably the same. Just like any other modern car, the Range Rover is designed to let everything go, absorb as much energy as possible at the expense of the insurance company to protect the people inside. It's not meant to stay beautiful even at a relatively low impact speed.
The door pretty panels are just that, pretty panels. Easy to fix, easy to replace. Look at the design here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLrKAS5fB4

Glad to see that everyone is OK.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Think of it this way, less than 2 inches of "stuff" prevented a very serious injury. T bone is very different than front/rear impacts since you don't have the benefit of feet of cushioning materials.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Speed is relative, I wouldn't call 25mph slow, to put it in perspective, he claims he was travelling at 36.5 feet per second, which is, if you think about it, pretty fast, especially if you think he went from 25-0 mph in about 2 inches.

A Car is a Linear Spring, Crash Test Investigators have had the Formula's for Decades to calculate how fast a Vehicle was moving, they probably won't go to all the expense unless Attorneys get involved, unless anyone was injured I doubt that would happen.

But who has time to look down at their Speedo while heading for another Car ?

But I guess the bottom line is, your RR held up really well considering a Jeep is a heavy Vehicle.

Sorry this happened, at least it sounds like you're all OK !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts