RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for about 20 mins and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Can someone explain access mode to me? How do you get it into access mode and once it's in access mode will the suspension automatically come back up to where you had it before or do you have to once again put it in normal height?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mines a 2010... On the center console between the front seats is the ride height selector, a rocker button with an indicator to the left of it, there are three selections, high (rock crawling, extra clearance) ride height ( the middle line) and low (access height) you can lock it in access height if you hold the down button, the padlock will light up... any time you change your suspension height the display in the instrument panel will tell you, all the doors have to be closed for it to adjust. Unless you are locked into access height (low) the suspension will revert back to ride height at a certain speed (not sure what that is)

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I shut my sport off, put it in access mode, get out and it stays in access mode until I start it again or until I put it in ride height again? Also if I don't lock it in access mode what happens? Like why lock it in as opposed to not locking it in?

·
Registered
50 Posts
You put it in access mode while its still running, turn it off, it stays there until you change it or get above so many MPH (if it isnt locked in) the guy who sold me mine said you could lock it in if you wanted to "low ride" but other than the way it looks I have no clue why youd do that... personally Im not a fan of the way it looks driving around so low anyway... I didnt buy it to look like a station wagon... lol :lol:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You could also flip through the oft-maligned Owner's Handbook currently collecting dust somewhere inside your car... :wink: There is a pretty detailed explanation of every ride height mode in there.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Thanks Umbertob, for setting order at the ho-down. :clap:
It all starts with access height and before you know it, the washing machine is being used as a beer cooler and they're having cock-fights in grandma's bathroom

·
Registered
69 Posts
rafa said:
Thanks Umbertob, for setting order at the ho-down. :clap:
It all starts with access height and before you know it, the washing machine is being used as a beer cooler and they're having cock-fights in grandma's bathroom

hahahaha! awesome...... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts