RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until today when I was to my dealer my car suspension goes automatically in access height level before i stop the engine if the doors was closed.
After some updates that was made this feature disipear and the explanations that i got was that my suspension has some malfunction that was the reason for automatic access height selection.
So ... do you have this acces height automatic selected after the engine is stop ?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Generally, there is a button on the door to make it automatically go to access height when stopped...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that ...
I didn't ask how can I select access height :razz:

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I thought maybe the dealer turned off the switch...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no.
I can selected manually from the button from the door but before was automatically ...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Normal behavior is that Access Height can only be selected manually, it cannot engage automatically. Liability reasons.
I thought I remembered the switch on the door on a Full Sized being an anticipatory thing that would automatically lower the vehicle when stopped, without having to hit the switch on the center console. I never used the feature, so I guess I remembered wrong...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
I thought I remembered the switch on the door on a Full Sized being an anticipatory thing that would automatically lower the vehicle when stopped, without having to hit the switch on the center console. I never used the feature, so I guess I remembered wrong...
Have not checked it out on my 2014.25 SC, however on my 2010 and earlier models I recall that you could hit the door switch >15mph and it would drop to access height. So in that sense it was "anticipatory" however I don't ever recall it being automatic.

PS. I always raise mine to off-road height when parking on the street so as to avoid any bumper parking dings from other cars

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Is that for all markets or only NAS?
It's the same everywhere as fas as I know. Like others pointed out, you can "anticipate" access height by hitting the Down switch well before you come to a stop if you want (the car will "remember" your selection and lower the suspensions when you do slow down and stop), but you still need to hit a switch to do so.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Its the same everywhere and it has been that way since the times of the first p38s as far as I know... The P38 I owned was like that, as was my 05, 10 and 14ABSC...

The switch on the door does exactly the same thing as hitting the access mode from the center console... Its just easier to find and hit while you are ready to stop the car, so imo its easier...

Once you become used to it its very easy, although it would be great if you could do it automatically when going to Park for example... but no, if yours did it before it was some issue with it...

Plus, having it go down just because you slowed down (i.e. not because you shifted to park), could potentially put extra strain on the system?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I think Land Rover is more concerned about the car automatically lowering its delicate belly over some protruding rocks while off-roading (or over the leg of an overzealous valet attendant... Ouch!) than about wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It is also better practice to lower/raise the vehicle while still moving to prevent suspension and tire bind from the changing angles.

The distance it takes to pull into a parking spot is all that is needed, but far better for the components.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Have not checked it out on my 2014.25 SC, however on my 2010 and earlier models I recall that you could hit the door switch >15mph and it would drop to access height. So in that sense it was "anticipatory" however I don't ever recall it being automatic.

PS. I always raise mine to off-road height when parking on the street so as to avoid any bumper parking dings from other cars
Same here but also easier to get in an out of.

Of course I have a sport so the overall height might be different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts