RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New member to the group after purchasing a 2020 RRS 5.0L couple of weeks ago... Love the vehicle, exceeding expectations.

However, there is one feature I'm having a hard time trying to understand when I should expect it to engage - Auto Access Height. For me, I would expect that any time I put the vehicle in Park, it should lower. If it's not in Park, return to normal height.
It appears to be somewhat more complicated with the RRS, especially when Auto Stop-Start is engaged. Can anyone share the logic behind when I should expect the Auto Access Height feature to kick-in (and when I have to press the 'lower' button manually, for some reason)? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It goes to the access once you park it. Thats the only time it will activate. You also have to go into your menu and turn on auto access height for it to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... Auto access height already turned on in the menu settings. Problem is that it appears to depend if the vehicle has auto-stopped (turned off the engine), then it doesn't lower... but if manually pressed the park button, or if you can get to the manual stop engine button fast enough, then it will lower.

To me - I'd just prefer a more consistent, predictable behavior.... or I'm missing something :)

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
278 Posts
Interesting. On my 2019 HST, the car begins lowering when someone unbuckles their seat-belt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question for you. Have you read your owners manual to learn how to auto access height actually works. There is also youtube videos on it. It should only lower once you put it in park and unbuckle the seatbelt. I was having issues with my suspension and i ended up needing a new compressor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting. On my 2019 HST, the car begins lowering when someone unbuckles their seat-belt.
My 2016 automatically lowers a little when seatbelt is unbuckled like stated above, it fully lowers only if in park and when the door is opened to get out.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
903 Posts
Not sure if the button for lowering and raising is in the same spot as my 2017 but I do not have that turned on. I actually park in off road mode 99% of the time and hit the button without even thinking about it.

For your case I would turn it off and try activating it on your own when you park/need it. You might find that you prefer it this way BUT more importantly you might see if the system just isn't allowing to lower properly to begin with. Or their is an issue with the Auto setting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I had already read the manual... but I can now see the ‘source’ of my confusion: when the vehicle goes through first phase of lowering (when put in park), the center indicator doesn’t change - indicates normal height, even though the vehicle has dropped by 0.9”. The second phase does actually happen, but only on opening the door - at which time I was no longer looking at the center indicator. But after the door starts to open, the indicator correctly was showing the vehicle lowering (the further 1.6”).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've accidentally "LOCKED" my Rover into the lowest suspension setting... I don't remember how it happened or how I did it but ****... I felt every single bump, crack, and divot in the road... Which would be cool if I was trying to pull G's in a 300ft skid-pad or on the Track... and I certainly love carving corners... but it was a little too much for the hour or so I locked it in that lowest position for that short road trip. When I got out/back in the Rover leveled itself again and all was comfortable again and the performance was still more than amicable.

I did raise the suspension for a recent off-road session and locked it and that was great! The Rover did 90% of what my Rubicon has ever done with ease!

·
Registered
143 Posts
has anyone had the issue of the vehicle going to off road height rather than access height when stopped?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I have the exact same problem on my 2016.
at first I thought it was me hitting the button wrong, but even after pressing the button (while parked) it will show access height selected on the DIC, then the chime rings and I get Extended height message.
I can continue to press the button and it will continue to lower then raise.
I'm going to add it to the list of items for my next service visit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. If you press the park button -> auto access height engage
2. if it was auto-stopped, open the door -> auto access height engage

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rovingit, have you had the issue regarding access height not activating addressed at your dealer? I have the same intermittent issue, car will raise to full height when stopped periodically and not respond to the electronic button. Seems to right itself when driving off, but getting into and out of the car at full height is a problem

·
Registered
143 Posts
the weirdness happened again. Get in the truck, drive it 200 feet, leave it running to put something in the back and the air suspension goes to full height. Need a ladder to get in. No matter how may times I pushed the "lower" button, nada. Turned it off and on, no change. Drove it another 100 feet to turn it off, access height is now available. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was acting strange, similar symptoms. Dealer replaced an exhaust valve on the compressor and all the problems went away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts