Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have searched thru' the threads, and haven't found the answer to my problem, but please excuse me if this is an old topic.
My TDV8 2007 sits at the junction for a good half a second after I've pressed the happy pedal to go - no engine action at all, so seems like the engine control is either not getting the message, or it's a software issue. To my knowledge, there has been no re-flash or factory upgrade applied to the car. I have been told by an all-knowing bearded oracle in the local pub (every town has one) that there is a software problem, which a quick dealer re-flash can fix. My problem makes reverse parking uphill problematic, as covering the throttle does nothing, so you give it a squeeze, making the car move quickly back...so you lift off, it stops, and on goes the 'lurch and stop' character of your manoeuvre. Pulling out of a side road quickly requires that you hit the gas half a second before you want to. The engine doesn't struggle, there's no action at all for that short time.

Any ideas??? If it helps, I am in the uk , I have a 3.6 TDV8 biturbo RR vogue 2007

many thanks folks!

Tim

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
88 Posts
hey tank...
first off look at the main suspects...if this just sprung up out of nowhere, check and make sure you dont have
a transmission fluid leak. a tranny low on fluid will mimmick this. plug something that has diagnostic capabilities into the obd port and see what the throttle pedal sensor looks like when you run it through a full range of throttle usage.
My 03 rover has the petrol 4.4L and has an electric motor driven throttle body...that has to be ruled out if you have
one.

those would be my starting points...cross off potential problems as you go, then just narrow it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rvrmechanic for your reply!

Will check emission levels when it gets light tomorrow.
I hope this is the case, but am prepared for the plethora of nostics to get to the bottom of it. Will let you know my findings.

thanks again mate!
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.