Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a low mileage 2014 Range Rover sport. Love the vehicle but had issues with the delay in acceleration while pulling away. Looked at many forums for advice and come across the Pedal Commander product. I have purchased this and found it really did solve my problem. I'm sure I'm not the only owner annoyed at this problem, and it worked great for me.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
703 Posts
There are a few threads on this topic.

I think the pedal commander system is discussed, but there are other remedies available to you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for replying. I didn't find any other remedies for this problem. This is a relatively low cost product that works, many modern cars seem to have the same problem as far as I can see. I was very sceptical at first, but after 6 weeks of testing I can pull away as I wish and not have the delay which can be dangerous.

·
Registered
2017 Range Rover Sport SCV8
33 Posts
There are a few threads on this topic.

I think the pedal commander system is discussed, but there are other remedies available to you
Anyone have this update done to a pre-2018 model?? My fist 2017 had zero hesitation and my second 2017 has slight hesitation from a stand still.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
81 Posts
Hi all found this video on YouTube about installing the pedal commander in a range rover 2021 HSE
hope it can help you if you are thinking of getting the pedal commander like I am with the installation..
cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
I simply performed the well known Factory Reset found here to restore that "slap your head back into the head-rest) performance... After a year and a half of ownership and meticulous maintenance I noticed the same stupid delay and researched the cause. The computer is a learning one and tries to learn efficiency habits especially when you don't want such learned/performed in situations... It's a stupid feature that more and more manufacturers are installing on their vehicles to get better gas mileage numbers overall I'm betting. Well, it's a dangerous one in my experience and again STUPID! Just like that Auto-Start is a stupid-feature as well and permanently deleted from our Rover but that is another thread and another subject.

OP, look up the well-known factory reset and go so accordingly. You'll notice a much faster gas pedal response, transmission shift selection, and advanced timing of the engine and computer's fuel delivery. I've performed this once since March and she's just as bad-azz fast as when I brought her home. If/when she starts getting "Too-Smart" for her own britches again I'll simply perform the 3 minutes to perform "Reset" again and Bada-Bing... Back to being what I bought her for and performance.

And yes, I maintain our Rover meticulously whether myself or the dealer once a year (to keep the warranty dousche's happy so they cannot deny claims as outlined in their warranty stipulation small print), so I have no worries of miles, transmission, differentials, nor any other systems being reset as all fluids get changed far before any and all factory recommendations. YMMV of course...

Reactions: naks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I simply performed the well known Factory Reset found here to restore that "slap your head back into the head-rest) performance... After a year and a half of ownership and meticulous maintenance I noticed the same stupid delay and researched the cause. The computer is a learning one and tries to learn efficiency habits especially when you don't want such learned/performed in situations...

hi Ham Hands could you please let us know the reset you did on your car or were I could find the rest so I could try it on my RRS.
cheers

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
631 Posts
Factory reset would be to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for +-30 min?

Reactions: grange3

·
Registered
45 Posts
What is the factory reset procedure for a L494? Disconnect battery terminals and touch them together for 30 seconds or so?

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks for the information about the rest.
cheers
I'm not sure that's the procedure.... need someone else to weigh-in here.

I believe this is the procedure to reset the transmission "learning" memory (but again, not totally certain);

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator.
5) Wait for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not sure that's the procedure.... need someone else to weigh-in here.

I believe this is the procedure to reset the transmission "learning" memory (but again, not totally certain);

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator.
5) Wait for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.
hi and thanks for your advice...... last week I ordered a Pedal Commander PC18 for my car from the U.S. should take about 3 to 4 weeks to get to me
I'll let you know how it all works out.
cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi and thanks for your advice...... last week I ordered a Pedal Commander PC18 for my car from the U.S. should take about 3 to 4 weeks to get to me
I'll let you know how it all works out.
cheers
I had a Pedal Commander delievered today but want to hold off on installing until I try this "factory reset" that may remedy the acceleration hesitation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a Pedal Commander delievered today but want to hold off on installing until I try this "factory reset" that may remedy the acceleration hesitation.
Hi great idea hope it works out for you.
from the videos I have seen almost everyone thinks its working out ok for them and stops the lag time.
wish I received mine today it would have been on the car already.
cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tired the transmission reset sequence noted above once and it didn't seem to help reduce the slight hesitation I'm having. I guess I'll try it a few more times just in case I didn't do it correctly.

As far as the Pedal Commander, I installed it (about 5 minutes of work) but it didn't really do anything to alleviate the hesitation issue. All it does is make the gas pedal more responsive AFTER the slight hesitation ends. I'll probably use the PC for a few more weeks before deciding whether to keep it or return it for a refund. Again, the PC DID NOT solve the slight hesitation issue I'm seeing with my vehicle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts