RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, RRSport HSE 2006 can not speed above 30mph. We've checked all the fuses (is there any specific one to check related to speed?), all ok.

Any idea where to check to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Femi

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
fayodeji said:
All of a sudden, RRSport HSE 2006 can not speed above 30mph. We've checked all the fuses (is there any specific one to check related to speed?), all ok.

Any idea where to check to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Femi
Welcome Femi. I'll take a stab at this.

My thought is if you are looking in the fusebox for a speed-related fuse because your car doesn't go over 30 mph, you should check with the dealer or an independent repair shop to help resolve this issue. ;)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
:lol: Yeah, where is the "Enable additional 100hp" fuse?

Your transmission may be in limp-home / failsafe mode and will no longer upshift... There are a ton of possibilities why this might be happening, but usually you get all sorts of chimes and ominous fault messages on the LCD in the instrument cluster, such as "Reduced Engine Performance", "Transmission Fault - Limited Gears Available", an "F" (for Fault) displayed in the gear position display instead of the usual D, etc. You need to provide more information. Did you engage Low Range in error maybe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol Umbertob. Not really looking for hp fuse to catapult the vechicle to its greatness. I was looking for sensor signal or fuel relay related fuses as the car depend on electrical so much.

I've took the vechicle to three different independent repair shops with no joy. The vehicle is located in Nigeria. I arrived one week ago and tried to drive it, and discovered this issue. My friend that was driving the vechicle while I was away now just confessed to me 30 mins ago that he disconnected the battery when the engine was running as he need to replace its original (due to flat battery) and he discovered after that, the vechicle cannot move above 30mph.

The only message that comes up when I start the engine was "check brake pad", this was due to worn out sensor cable (this msg always appear before the speed issue). I used the Autologic Diagnostic Unit to scanned the vechicle, no fault was found on Transmission module. But sometimes it found fault "lost communication on ride level control and instrument pack modules. The fault disappeared when cleared.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I had a feeling this thread would be interesting.

Femi, disconnecting the battery while the car is running is bad. On a '62 Camaro with a carburetor and only an AM/FM radio...not so bad, on a RRS with more electronics than the space shuttle...bad. The battery provides necessary resistance in the charging circuit, without it you could get a voltage spike. $$$

Speaking of Nigeria, I just got an email from a wealthy Nigerian businessman wanting some help setting up a US bank account at my bank. Not sure how he got my email, but he seems like a nice guy (sent me some pictures of his family, etc.).

·
Registered
66 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Speaking of Nigeria, I just got an email from a wealthy Nigerian businessman wanting some help setting up a US bank account at my bank. Not sure how he got my email, but he seems like a nice guy (sent me some pictures of his family, etc.).
Got the same email few days ago. My Nigerian businessman seems like a trustworthy and sound individual - he offer me a generous commission if I'll help him transfer several millions to the US. After considering his offer - I might go to Nigeria to meet with him.

Isn't the Internet great thing? So many great offers and people you can trust.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
1098STricolore said:
gooseyloosey said:
Got the same email few days ago. My Nigerian businessman seems like a trustworthy and sound individual - he offer me a generous commission if I'll help him transfer several millions to the US. After considering his offer - I might go to Nigeria to meet with him.

Isn't the Internet great thing? So many great offers and people you can trust.

Tricolore, don't waste your money by going all the way to Nigeria, while they look like nice people in the picture, Nigeria is not exactly.... Tijuana. So do what I did, send them your routing number and bank account number via email. Save the hassle of dealing with Air Guana, which is pretty much the only airline that has direct flights

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
fayodeji said:
Lol Umbertob. Not really looking for hp fuse to catapult the vechicle to its greatness. I was looking for sensor signal or fuel relay related fuses as the car depend on electrical so much.

I've took the vechicle to three different independent repair shops with no joy. The vehicle is located in Nigeria. I arrived one week ago and tried to drive it, and discovered this issue. My friend that was driving the vechicle while I was away now just confessed to me 30 mins ago that he disconnected the battery when the engine was running as he need to replace its original (due to flat battery) and he discovered after that, the vechicle cannot move above 30mph.

The only message that comes up when I start the engine was "check brake pad", this was due to worn out sensor cable (this msg always appear before the speed issue). I used the Autologic Diagnostic Unit to scanned the vechicle, no fault was found on Transmission module. But sometimes it found fault "lost communication on ride level control and instrument pack modules. The fault disappeared when cleared.
Femi, run.....don't walk, run.... to the Lagos LR dealership pronto and have them figure out what's going on, might not be such a good idea to tell them that your friend, god bless him, was such a genius and disconnected the battery while the car was running. In the meanwhile see what else he can "confess" like swapping your differential for that of a Fiat Uno and what not

·
Registered
66 Posts
rafa said:
Tricolore, don't waste your money by going all the way to Nigeria, while they look like nice people in the picture, Nigeria is not exactly.... Tijuana. So do what I did, send them your routing number and bank account number via email. Save the hassle of dealing with Air Guana, which is pretty much the only airline that has direct flights
Thanks for the advice rafa. Instead I'll go to Holland to pick up my lottery winning of $400,000,000 U.S. CASH! On the way back home I'll stop in France to pick up my Bugatti Veyron. At list Air France is a great airline.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
If thats the case and your friend is at fault,
1 - You need to pick better friends
2 - You need to find a Lawyer quick.
Nupe, I sense a bitterness in you since the K-State loss last w/e. Truth be known I had K-State in the office roulette pool, so I was rooting for them. But I sense you are taking this hard.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
My guess is that some control module got fried or out of whack when the power spike occurred (TCM? ECM? Diff? ABS?) and you will require at a minimum a software recalibration or, worst case scenario, a new module. Not sure if Autologic is good enough to pull detailed DTCs which I get the feeling may be stored somewhere as a result of the electrical malfunction. Your only recourse may be a visit to the dealer I'm afraid. Bring your friend's credit card with you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
umbertob said:
My guess is that some control module got fried or out of whack when the power spike occurred (TCM? ECM? Diff? ABS?) and you will require at a minimum a software recalibration or, worst case scenario, a new module. Not sure if Autologic is good enough to pull detailed DTCs which I get the feeling may be stored somewhere as a result of the electrical malfunction. Your only recourse may be a visit to the dealer I'm afraid. Bring your friend's credit card with you.
Nice one Umbertob. Just about to post a good news. SORTED. Immediately I posted my last message, I got a call from mechanic that I should bring the vehicle and my Autologic unit to the workshop. He used the unit to calibrate the Air suspension and the car is flying. He said the air suspension calibration cut off when disconnecting the battery.

Talking of car dealer hare in Nigeria, we only have one. Cause you don't acquired the vehicle from them, you need to register and the fees is 1Million naira (equivalent of £6000 or 9,116.35 USD)

Big up to the rest of the crew.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Cool Femi, glad they got it sorted! How do you like that logic... Because of a calibration problem in the EAS module, the car won't speed up past 30 mph. :shock:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
umbertob said:
Cool Femi, glad they got it sorted! How do you like that logic... Because of a calibration problem in the EAS module, the car won't speed up past 30 mph. :shock:
The Autologic have save me a lot of cost. It prevent those bent mechanics out there to steal from me. Even made some income out of it when the mechanics used it to diagnose.

I have experienced this issue late summer last year. This was due to Air suspension wrong signal fault and displayed message. The same mechanic unplugged and plugged the wire inside the suspension box underneath beside the left rear tire and was resolved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problem have occurred again. This time, nothing was done. All of a sudden, the vehicle cannot speed above 30mph. My mechanic tried the same trick that resolved the previous one, but no joy. One question: Is RRS HSE 2006 fitted with Adaptive speed control module or just speed control module? Why I'm asking this when we edit the vehicle configuration to Adaptive speed control using the Autologic diag unit, Engine System fault and Cruise control not permitted seen on the display message screen and also logged to Autologic that "lost communication to speed control module"

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts