RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a lurker here for some time, but fortunately this is the first assistance that I've needed thus far.

I've had no problems even remotely related to what happened today, but got in the RR backed out of the driveway and no problems until I was pulling onto the major roadway. Once I pressed the accelerator all of the gauges on the dash and the Nav screen completely turned off. Once I noticed, I let off the gas and they came back on. When everything came back on, it appeared every fault known to man lit up and went into limp home mode. I got it home, pulled the battery cables for a reset to see if it was just some sort of bug. Placed them back on, started the car fine and no faults appeared. While in the garage in park, it idled fine no warning lights nothing. I then pressed the gas while in "Park" and all of the lights cut off again. They came back on when the accelerator was released, but presented all of the faults once again. Any idea what this could be related to? I'm just dumbfounded what this could be. Obviously, I will have to take it into the shop, but curious if anyone else has experienced similar issues? I have fault lights for check engine, suspension and even adaptive lighting system.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
Highly recommend having BOTH your battery and alternator tested. One or both are bad.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
Totally agree with PJPR01. I had the exact same issue that turned out to be bad alternator. Very scarry thing to happen any time, especially when pulling into traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts