RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a pretty irritating ac issue with my LHD 1990 classic. Water is dripping fairly consistently from underneath the dash on the passenger side. Trust me, this is not due to my ac drain being clogged. I've tried everything imaginable on the ac drain and it just really doesn't seem to be stopped up in any way. The water appears to be coming from somewhere up above the fans before dripping down and making a nice sized puddle in my floor mat. I could really use some help locating and fixing the exact source of this leak. This is my first Rover, so I'm a little new to this world.
Thanks, Alec.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Your evap drain is actually just a short little rubber hose going through the floor. If it comes dislodged above it will drain the "AC water" right onto your carpets. If it gets really humid it'll leave a nice swimming pool on one side and a stream under the rig on the other. :mrgreen: Trace the line all the way through the interior and make sure it has no cracks or disconnects.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having a pretty irritating ac issue with my LHD 1990 classic. Water is dripping fairly consistently from underneath the dash on the passenger side. Trust me, this is not due to my ac drain being clogged. I've tried everything imaginable on the ac drain and it just really doesn't seem to be stopped up in any way. The water appears to be coming from somewhere up above the fans before dripping down and making a nice sized puddle in my floor mat. I could really use some help locating and fixing the exact source of this leak. This is my first Rover, so I'm a little new to this world.
Thanks, Alec.

If you have the drain sorted; puddles under the truck when parked..... Then the only time I have seen this is when the plumbing's not properly insulated. Water is condensing along the plumbing and dripping on to the mat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your evap drain is actually just a short little rubber hose going through the floor. If it comes dislodged above it will drain the "AC water" right onto your carpets. If it gets really humid it'll leave a nice swimming pool on one side and a stream under the rig on the other.
Trace the line all the way through the interior and make sure it has no cracks or disconnects.
If I'm looking at the right hose, then everything seems to be connected just fine. No water is draining into the interior from this hose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have the drain sorted; puddles under the truck when parked..... Then the only time I have seen this is when the plumbing's not properly insulated. Water is condensing along the plumbing and dripping on to the mat.
Yes, there are puddles under the truck when parked. I suppose insulation on the plumbing could be the issue. Any ideas on a possible fix for this??

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I am completely lost then. Are you sure this is not an exterior leak coming in around the windshield or air intake?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am completely lost then. Are you sure this is not an exterior leak coming in around the windshield or air intake?
100% sure this isn't exterior, hasn't rained in days. The water is only present when the ac is running and gets worse as I adjust the temp colder.

·
Registered
259 Posts
100% sure this isn't exterior, hasn't rained in days. The water is only present when the ac is running and gets worse as I adjust the temp colder.
The black tar/gummy stuff on the lower left hose in the photo is the insulation I am referring to.... Have you run the AC with the panels off to look for the source?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The black tar/gummy stuff on the lower left hose in the photo is the insulation I am referring to.... Have you run the AC with the panels off to look for the source?
Which panels are you referring to? The only panel I've removed is the little black tray that usually covers the area I sent a picture of. Other than that I haven't taken any more panels off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts