RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a service port on the low side that is leaking. And the schrader valve doesn't look like it can be replaced. And I can't seem to find the ports themselves for sale, just the whole pipe for $150.

Has anyone replaced the low and or high side service ports? Or just the schrader valves? What are the thread sizes and pitch?

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
I have replaced many A/C schrader valves. If I have had issues with an A/C system or if it is an older system I replace valves while the system is empty. It is cheap insurance and peace of mind that the valves are fresh with new ORings. Most all corner parts houses have them in their regional warehouses or on the shelf. I've used Santech "core and cap" kits for ages. They are easy to find, come with the tool and are usually under $10.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The system is empty, so I want to replace the valves. I have a schrader removal tool, but these look a little different than most schrader valves... How do you remove the core on these?

2016-06-22 19.59.36.jpg
2016-06-22 19.59.40.jpg

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
You read the previous post then go buy a kit that has the tool. The tool is also available separately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts