RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, i have replaced the ac condenser and receiver dryer and had the ac system vac and gasses with the correct amount of gas with UV dye added and checked for system leaks, none found, when the ac switch is pushed the ac compressor cycles and the compressor pipes are cold and the other hot, but the fans on the condenser do not run.The light on the hvac panel lights up as it should but then starts flashing, i have checked the fans run by bridging the relays 13/14 and they run without issues, i did reuse the two switches on the dryer, and i am suspicious of these, does any one out there have any other ideas as to my issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
With the light on, that is telling you that you have switched the AC off. As the button says, AC OFF, press it to turn it off, don't press it to leave it on. It flashes to warn you you've turned it off. Condenser fans run in series unless the engine is close to overheating, so will only run slowly but they do virtually nothing so not a worry. I ran mine for around 3 years before realising that one of the fan motors was open circuit so they had never run in series.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Now then, depending on the weather temp outside the fans may not run some of the time and the over heat function came in post 99 for the overheat function on 38'. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the little rubber drain tube below the lower dash side panel and make sure it is connected up otherwise it'll piddle on your carpet. 😉

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
There's a drain on both sides but for some obscure reason it is only the, LH, UK passenger side, that leaks. If you put the AC on and leave the engine running, a puddle should appear under the car. If it doesn't, the drain is blocked.

Reactions: Mark Piercy

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's a drain on both sides but for some obscure reason it is only the, LH, UK passenger side, that leaks. If you put the AC on and leave the engine running, a puddle should appear under the car. If it doesn't, the drain is blocked.
What ee' said. ;)

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
420 Posts
In my owners manuel the light flashing 10 x means the unit cannot control the temp selected because of the config it is set in. In other words if the temp is set to 70 and outside it is 100 as soon as you press and turn off the compressor the light will flash 10x.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update, i have finally replaced the noisy/leaking water pump and thermostat along with the main engine radiator and the temp gauge now reads exactly half way on the gauge instead of just above the blue section, in traffic or at moving pace it is bang on steady, well pleased , obviously it was over cooling which prob explains why the two front fans never switched on. Well they do now and all is good in the world until something else breaks. ho hum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts