RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI all, pluged in rovacom today to find why abs message keep appearing, said that gap was to large and open curcuit intermitant on right hand sensor. has it failed or is there a cheap quick fix. With gap to large can i push it back it or does anybody think that the sensor is fouled.
The message comes and goes seaming when i park the car leaning to the right hand side on drain slope road etc.
any help to narrow down would be great
onetime

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Have you even looked at it yet? Is it firmly seated? If it is all the way in and you get the message I would guess it is fouled. If it is not all the way in just reseat the sensor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not looked here it getting dark at 4pm so ran out of time will check and update sunday.
onetime

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got the same problem with mine, no solution yet either. I thought I'd sorted it when I found a loose connection on the battery but the lights are now on again permanently. :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
The open circuit fault is the giveaway,one or both of the cables has snapped inside the insulation,turning a sharp corner or a large suspension deflection will show it up.I'm not in favour of repairing the flexible part of the sensor cable,so its time for a replacement.(In my workshop anyway)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts