RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experiencing the common ABS/Traction Control failure warning. I only get the warning when the car is stopped, like at junctions or traffic lights, but not every time. Never while moving. Next time I start the car, warnings have gone......till the next time.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sounds like the warning is coming up while brake is engaged. One possibility that I can think of is weakening ABS pump motor. When was the last time that the electric motor was serviced or replaced?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Something to check is the accumulater, if your pump is running more than it should. It has gas to store pressure.
The gas fizzles out slowly. The light can show for that. Good Luck

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The complete ABS pump and accumulator unit was replaced about 3 years ago, new and genuine.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
491 Posts
Are all the three amigos showing or just the ABS and Traction warning lamps. If the brake warning lamp is not showing then I doubt it is the braking system causing the fault and will be either the ABS ECU or a wheel sensor or the cabling/connector twixt ECU and sensors.

if it is the cabling, connectors or wheel sensors then I would expect the fault to be permanent. Due to its apparent intermittent behaviour I would suspect that the ABS ECU is on the way out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts