RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i bought my 95 classic in march this year, and the ABS/TC lights are on along with the Air Bag light, for the traction control, i found a wire hanging where it comes out of the passenger rear caliper/backing plate?? would a brake caliper out of a D1 plug and play, or one of a 1994 RRC LWB? and the Air bags i think was due to the crush cans being removed to add the bull bar.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thx :)

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
One thing that will help greatly is to download MicroCat from the internet so you can cross reference part numbers. You can also go to a suppliers website like autopartswherehouse.com roverparts.com and use their part numbers, but these can sometimes get confusing when if they use inhouse part numers instead of LR part numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
One thing that will help greatly is to download MicroCat from the internet so you can cross reference part numbers. You can also go to a suppliers website like autopartswherehouse.com roverparts.com and use their part numbers, but these can sometimes get confusing when if they use inhouse part numers instead of LR part numbers.
well roverparts.com says it is the same caliper but i want to make sure it will plug up before i shell out the cash

·
Registered
536 Posts
The crush cans at the front have nothing to do with the airbag system, they're just bits of styrofoam with a covering. You need to get a diagnotics unit (not OBD compatable) plugged in to find the fault. Is the wire coming out of the caliper the brake pad wear wires? If so any plug will do. If it's an abs sensor, the abs sensor parts are different, yours is STC1866 whereas the disco 1 is STC1749. lse's and the 95 models have the same part numbers for calipers and sensors, but the caliper itself has nothing to do with the abs/ tc system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts