RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Traction Failure / ABS Fault diagnosed this morning. The shop said that it is my Right Front ABS Sensor. Testbook is not receiving any signal.

I have read the FAQ about wire repar. Two questions:

1. Do sensors typically "go bad"?
2. If I pull the sensor, is there any way to test / diagnose its function (and hopefully subsequent repair) using a multimeter?

Best regards,

jeff

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have not done it so im not 100% sure but there should be two wires going towards the sensor, if you set your multimeter to test for continuancy (spelling) connect it to each of the wires leading to the sensor it will test to see if there is a break in the circut if you know the wires are alright (also by testing for contiuancy) and there is no circut then the problem should be the sensor if there is a circut then the sensor is 100%.

Its not as difficult as it sound if you have problems let me know and I will try and guide you how to do it.

I suspect the sensor is a sealed unit so I dont think it would just go bad but depanding on how old your rangie is it might be a little tired

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much! I am going to pull the sensor tonight.

Can anybody tell me if there is a trick to it, or does it just pull out and push in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shop said that it had partially worked it's way out. Now that you mention it, that is the one sheet from Testbook that I didn't get a printout of. The tech said that he pushed the sensor down, but wasn't getting any output at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts