RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its possible to use the paperclip jumper method of checking / clearing codes on our rigs like they do on classics? I would rather save myself 100 bucks if possible.

thanks, Beat

D

·
0 Posts
No, you can't do this with the P38 ABS (but I know what you mean with the early Teves units on other makes).

[For us the main use of a paperclip is to hold together the bundle of bills you need to pay for special LR ABS diagnostics.......?]

Lots of ABS info on here if you do a search, depends on what your actual problem is.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Thats a bummer though. So yeah, my pump went kaput after 30 minutes of being in the truck. Just my luck eh? Was working fine in the truck it came out of. :???: So the parts guy I have in town gave me a replacement and its fine now. I think the accumulator is on its way south but I have a new one to put on there now! Aside from that, the ABS light still stays on and I want to check and clear the codes. I cant say the brakes feel 100% at this point. I think I need to re-bleed for one. For two, I will put the accumulator on there...and three, I need to see what the diagnostics say. Up to this point, its just been thinking it through with some of y'alls help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts