RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm after some help with wires on an Abs pump from a P38 so I thought I would come to the experts.
I'm using the pump power my fiddle brakes through solenoids on the rear axle but I'm having trouble with the wires on the pump the two big ones are power for the pump motor I know the pump will need a relay can this be a normal 45 amp one but the trouble I'm having is the wires from the pressure switch any help would be very helpful cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi fiddle brakes allow one rear wheel to be locked to allow for tight turns off road they work the same as the split pedal on a tractor. So far I have a second set of calipers on the rear axle with two solenoids too be able to lock either wheel the system will be stand alone from the main brakes and I was going to have one switch to turn the pump on and a rocker switch to select either side. I just trying to wire the pressure switch any help would be great Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got you, as in trials?
Pictures??
Could you wire the pressure switch up to cut off the power to the relay. Once the pressure is achieved. Is the sphère still part of the system as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got you, as in trials?
Pictures??
Could you wire the pressure switch up to cut off the power to the relay. Once the pressure is achieved. Is the sphère still part of the system as well?
Hi got he complete unit pump, sphere and pressure switch. Yes I was going to wire the pump through a relay it's the wireson the pressure switch that I need to ID so I can wire the system up.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Diagram below.

You just need to use the connectors on pins 2 and 5 (Black and Black/Yellow wires) and a decent high current relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts