RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally fixed my pump and have it in the rover ready to go. I have everything connected to it and tried to bleed. The pump turned on and started huming, but no fluid is coming out of the outgoing high pressure side :think: . Just to make sure, the pump impeller only had 2 little rods, but had 3 holes for them.... Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The rod you are referring to are the pistons that move up and down in the bores to pump the fluid. With one piston missing there is a connection between suction and delivery and the pump will not work.

You have to locate the missing piston and fit it. I have some spares but are very far away from you.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRAP! I have no idea where to look. I could have sworn it came out with only 2. I'll go take a quick peak around to see if I can luck out, if not I'll have to get a replacement. I know you said you had some spares and I really appreciate the offer, I just checked shipping costs though... It would be cheaper to buy a used pump :? . I called the dealership and the didn't even know what I was talking about lol .

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After sifting through the company's vacuum cleaner YUCK :oops: , and examining the floors etc (thats where it was initially opened up, but was brought home with only 2 pistons). I have not been able to find that little piston unfortunately... I will either have to buy a used pump, or is there someone out there who has some spare parts who would be willing to sell or share them? Thanks for the help Jos, I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately Fedex wants $80.00 for shipping :shock: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts