RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, my ABS pump runs constantly, whether the ignition is on or off, and if I let it, it will drain the battery. 2004 4.4 V8 Range Rover L322I have done some searching and seen that it has been recommended to check the ABS relay. i just spent an hour trying to figure out (searching RAVE and the WEB) where the ABS relay is. Can someone please let me know what I am missing. Where is the ABS pump relay?I did nothing to my brakes before this issue started. No warning lights, everything seemingly working fine. I came out in the morning to start the truck, and the battery was drained. I could hear the pump operating and the ABS housing was warm. I jumped started it, the pump kept running. I pulled the big wiring connector off of the ABS to stop it. I will post back when the issue is resolved. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
126 Posts
Classic symptom of a bad ABS Module. The truck is still functional except you don't have ABS breaking. You'll probably see the HDC Inactive warning along with others jump on.

I don't have my handbook on hand so I can't tell you which relay it is.

The module you disconnected has 6 screws and needs to be replaced. The are a few companies that will repair it for you granted you mail it to them

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Roger. Yes, I have already sent my ABS ECU out for repair a few times -- each time for a different error -- and this is yet again a new and different one. things I had read in other posts led me to believe that there existed a ABS pump relay not contained within the bosch 5.7 ecu, but now I doubt that. But would be happy to hear any other information from anyone about that. Till then, I have sent the ABS ECU out for repair.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
126 Posts
OK. Roger. Yes, I have already sent my ABS ECU out for repair a few times -- each time for a different error -- and this is yet again a new and different one. things I had read in other posts led me to believe that there existed a ABS pump relay not contained within the bosch 5.7 ecu, but now I doubt that. But would be happy to hear any other information from anyone about that. Till then, I have sent the ABS ECU out for repair.
Did you solve your problem?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts