RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My 99 bosch is setting in the yard and waiting on a new accumulator and I assume that is the problem. To explain, with 144,000 miles and the ABS pump running most of the time, and by the way I would say that 20 miles is all that is was driven in this condition and no faults lights, I ordered a new accumulator and hopefully this will get me back on the road. :?: What do you all think? Aim I headed in the right direction? :roll:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think so - mine was running on every press of the peddle. New accumulator fitted, now it only comes on every four or five presses (and reaches pressure much quicker - from flat 20 seconds versus 48 with the old accum.).

Hopefully it'll cure the problem for you.

Stu.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It almost sounds like the aircompressor, you can reach down towards the motor below the aircompressor compartment and fee it, it vibrates just like the compressor. Don't wait to long the little thing the accumulator screws into is about $1200.00 just for the part not including labor. Just got my new accumulator installed today and works great and the buster pump it back to normal , did it myself and a peace of cake, just read and follow the instructions. I got a big pair of channel lock pliers to take my old one off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts