RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is my first Range Rover so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I have a '98 SE and when on snow / ice anytime that the Anti-locks actually pulse to keep the brakes from locking - there is a feeling that is somewhat like anti-locks on any other car through the pedal but there is also a sound. It's almost like a ratcheting or clicking sound. It's not a single "click" it actually "ratchets" that is it makes a click for every pulse of the anti-lock so it almost sounds like grinding. Is this normal or do I have an issue? It's also worth nothing the brakes feel fine the rest of the time and the accumulator seems fine as well - after every third press of the brakes the pump runs for just a second and then stops like it's supposed to. Thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tango! The noise at 1:25 is the EXACT noise I'm getting in mine. I just wanted to make sure this was normal. It's nuts how the Rover being AWD behaves so much like a rear wheel drive in the snow!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
It's normal. It will do it when the traction control kicks on also.

It feels more rwd biased because it is... plus you have traction control in the rear, but not the front, so you'll generally get two tires spinning in the back vs. just one in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts