RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Evertone. i have MIA for a while but happy to be back. i have a question on my 1999 range rover. my ABS system seems to be faulty with lights on. brakes seem to work ok. but have been told prob requires an ABS Module. 1/ where is module located, and can i replace and hopefully solve this issue. thank you all in advance for help and suggestion.........Charlie

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
have it properly diagnosed before dumping useless amounts of money in un-needed repairs. the module is quite robust and hardly ever fails, I have only had to replace one on an earlier model year and it was because of human error. but just in case, on your p38 it is located behind the glove box.

·
Super Moderator
2,084 Posts
Usual problem with ABS is either a sensor needing a tap with a hammer to reseat it or one that has gone open circuit. Test each one with a meter to make sure it isn't open circuit and if they all test OK, give them all a little tap.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,198 Posts
The later ABS ECU's do fail, but as the others have said, it's worth diagnosing them first before spending a load out on something that might not fix the issue...

If you get it on diagnostics and it comes up with "LH Rear sensor short to another sensor" then it could be the ECU that's faulty. I've repaired a number of them now, and there is a component in there which can fail randomly.

But probably 90% of the time it's a sensor gap, bad connection or the sensor itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts