RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I have a 1997 tange rover p38 in good running condition i had the mechanic replace the ABS Module. as the ABS light was always on. the brakes got spongy sometimes. this replacement module hasen't helped. any suggestions please the nearest rover place from me is a 16 hour drive. i live in Northern B.C. Canada.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
If you are keen on keeping a P-38 and are that far from competent help, you might consider getting a Nanocom or similar diagnostic device for your P-38. That way, you can have a look and see what the ABS light means before just doing "Hand Grenade " fixes.....
Even if you do not wish to do your own wrenching, it will help your mechanic pinpoint the issues.
You mention spongy brakes "Sometimes"? Are there any other symptoms? Had you or someone else done any work on it prior to this issue popping up? The more info we have the better the suggestions we can provide.
Does the Abs pump run more than the normal 10 or so seconds after several applications of the brakes?
Get Rave, look up the appropriate procedure, and as 95classicwb suggests, bleed the brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts