RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the group. I have owned my 95 LWB for a long time. Recently replaced all my brake lines because they were looking bad! Bled everything out. Have a good pedal. However the ABS and TC light are now on. Had a code of 4-12 (right front wheel sensor) bought a new one and installed but the code still reads 4-12 when I run the test. Any ideas on what to do? I tried to clear the code by pulling the jumper wire during flash sequence but the code is still there. Might I have a bad wire from ABS module to sensor? If so, how do I test? I have had bad parts out of the box before but I have a hard time believing it this time.

Thank you

Chad

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
it is very possible it is as simple as the wheel speed sensor has vibrated out far enough to not register. Using a piece of wood against the sensor, give it a gentle tap with a hammer to make sure it is firmly seated. DO NOT remove it. The sensors are held in with a studded sleeve that compresses when the sensor is installed. if your remove a sensor you need to replace the sleeve to ensure it stays put.

Another option is a corroded connector for the sensor after 25 years of Michigan winters..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts