Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I leave in France and i like land rover (excuse me for my english)

I bought Range Rover L322 3.0 TD6 MY06 and i have a problem with them.

When i turn on the key before starting, the light came on (ABS, brake and and a yellow triangle).
I have a message that says "HDC is not avaible"

Affter starting the motor the light are always on.

When i drive a few meter i have a new message that says "suspension is to low. I can't choose air suspension position but the suspension have a good level.

In order to solve my problem i bought :

-JLR SDD 131 with mangoose cable and SPA / VDF file.
-New battery and i test alternator
-new steering angle sensor and i test with SSD (it's ok)
-I change ABS ECU with a used ABS ECU buy on ebay
-I check the ABS fuse
- I test ABS with SDD and i have a problem: the sensor is ok but precharged pump don't run. When i test the pump directly with 12Vand without ABS ECU , the pump is ok.

I test steering angle sensor with SDD and it's ok

After many test with SDD, it's maybe the yaw rate sensor because yaw rate sensor have given bad data in the past.
I change this with a used buy on ebay and i have always the same problem.
With SDD i don't found if we must calibrate yaw rate sensor...

SDD in diagnose mode:

Today I haven't active DTC but the light are always on.

-DTC "C1A70-1C / C1A71-1C " it's me during my test, i unplug a cable.
-DTC "U0428-86" came because i remove the battery in order to change ABS ECU, yaw sensor... after i calibrate always.
I f you have an idea you can save me
:(

Thank you so much

·
Registered
463 Posts
Est ce que tu as essaye de depanner les abs speed sensors presents a chaque roue? Quand t'as change ton abs ecu t'as reprogramme ça pour que ça correspond a ton vehicule? Je crois que le problem exist avec le abs ecu puisque les faults apparaissent au demarrement sans avoir bouge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Rovah (merci pour la réponse en français) and MARK-C for your reply:

-I have tested ABS speed sensor for each wheel with SDD and the test is perfect.
When i change my ABS ECU with another used ECU i code the new ABS ECU with SDD.
SDD says coding process is good.
The light comes without driving. It instantly return after erasure defects with SDD.
With the old ABS ECU i have red brake light and yellow ABS light.
With the new ECU i have yellow brake light and yellow ABS light. It's better but it's not ok.

-My speedometer works fine

Thank's

·
Registered
463 Posts
You made sure to turn the steering wheel full lock right to left? Granted all 4 speed sensors tested ok in voltage and continuity, and your brake light switch is working fine then your "used" abs module is the problem. Chances are that you bought a bad used abs module. Did you buy it from a refurbisher or salvager?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You made sure to turn the steering wheel full lock right to left? Granted all 4 speed sensors tested ok in voltage and continuity, and your brake light switch is working fine then your "used" abs module is the problem. Chances are that you bought a bad used abs module. Did you buy it from a refurbisher or salvager?
I am sure that i am locking left and right because before locking the steering wheel i have a yelow light for rotating light. After locking this light goes away and the test with SDD is ok.

I have tested all 4 speed sensor with SDD and i am sure that is ok.

Howhever i don't test braking switch. I only controlled that when i press the stop pedal, stop light comes on.

I buy my ABS module on salvager.
I already bought 2 used modules on different salvager and i have abs problem.Sometimes brake light is yellow and sometimes us red.

Thank's Rovah for your time(y)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Can you scan the abs module and post the current faults again? Also is your SDD able to scan the steering angle sensor for fault code?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you scan the abs module and post the current faults again? Also is your SDD able to scan the steering angle sensor for fault code?
With SDD you can't scan specifiquely ABS module. You can test pressure, precharged pump, ABS speed sensor on ABS module. You can choose different mode for sensivity of ABS during driving.
When i test precharged pump don't run and SDD says that test of ABS module failed.

SDD can test steering angle and he says that all is right.
I have already change the ring of steering angle sensor with rapir kit.

thank you

·
Registered
463 Posts
Okay. I am going to say that your used abs module is bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you rovah, i think that ABS module is problem.

I bought a new ABS module on ebay:

I have given my VIN and the seller say's that this module is compatible with my car.

Now i am waiting new module

:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ah c'est vraiment coutant les modules la!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah c'est vraiment coutant les modules la!
Oui beaucoup

I am disappointed because i received the module and i have the same problem after coding...:cautious:

Always the same light. I don't undetsand:

-My battery is new
-My ABS module i new
-My steering angle Have a new ring

Thank's people and Rovah if you have an idea

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wish you had another diagnostic tool besides the mongoose that can pull specific abs fault codes. That will really point you the right way. For now we are just looking at all possible things that cause the 3 yellow lights.
Did you clear all faults after you replaced the abs module and fault U0416-86 still remain?
U0416 seems to point to a non responsive Dynamic Control module. It begs to ask the question whether the yaw sensor was connected properly and calibrated? Did you purchase the vehicle with these lights on? If not, was there any recent service work to the vehicle prior to these faults coming on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I wish you had another diagnostic tool besides the mongoose that can pull specific abs fault codes. That will really point you the right way. For now we are just looking at all possible things that cause the 3 yellow lights.
Did you clear all faults after you replaced the abs module and fault U0416-86 still remain?
U0416 seems to point to a non responsive Dynamic Control module. It begs to ask the question whether the yaw sensor was connected properly and calibrated? Did you purchase the vehicle with these lights on? If not, was there any recent service work to the vehicle prior to these faults coming on?
  • I haven't another tool for diagnose but i can buy if you know a good tool
  • I clear all fault after coding abs module
  • U0416-86 is a fault in memory but is not bactiveDTC. Before change abs module i check yaw rate sensor. The connections are ok but my tool can't calibrate. I buy an another used yaw rate sensor in order to test and i have the same fault but i can Nevers calibrate.
  • I purchase the car recently with this light and i don't when the light coming on

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sorry I don't want to keep throwing ideas out there without you been able to pull active fault codes or calibrating the yaw sensor. I personally have the BBS Faultmate Extreme MSV2 but I have heard good things about GAP iiD Tool, iLand and Hawkeye tools. I asked if the light was on before you purchased the vehicle because it could be an electrical issue as well if someone was messing with the vehicle fixing something else and caused this issue. If you have time, follow the ground/earth wire from the yaw sensor to the chassis to make sure it is grounded and not corroded. Bottom line you need a more capable diagnostic tool if you really want to fix it yourself. Rescan for fault codes and please post it. Is there an LR dealership near by that can diagnose it for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I don't want to keep throwing ideas out there without you been able to pull active fault codes or calibrating the yaw sensor. I personally have the BBS Faultmate Extreme MSV2 but I have heard good things about GAP iiD Tool, iLand and Hawkeye tools. I asked if the light was on before you purchased the vehicle because it could be an electrical issue as well if someone was messing with the vehicle fixing something else and caused this issue. If you have time, follow the ground/earth wire from the yaw sensor to the chassis to make sure it is grounded and not corroded. Bottom line you need a more capable diagnostic tool if you really want to fix it yourself. Rescan for fault codes and please post it. Is there an LR dealership near by that can diagnose it for you?

Thank's Rovah,

I made an appointment at Land Rover on 11/09.

In the meantime I ordered a brake switch, I received tomorow.

Wait and see

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thank's Rovah,

I made an appointment at Land Rover on 11/09.

In the meantime I ordered a brake switch, I received tomorow.

Wait and see
so any update after the appointment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had same problem and same lights when I started the car. Also had transmission fault message.

The indie shop said error codes were P0806 clutch position sensor, P080A clutch position not learnt, P186D clutch actuator stuck, U0416-86 invalid data , U0155-87 module lost comm with instrument cluster, & eC113A-64 wake up control.

Turned out my rear differential motor needed to be replaced on my 07 RR SC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.