RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i had brake failure at the weekend,and fitted a new accumulator.
The brakes are operating ok again,but the day after fitting the accumulator,the abs lights lit up and an abs fault showed.
The fault comes intermittently.
i have checked the pump is running correctly,everything seems ok.Switches on for approx 10-15 secs then switches off.
The next thought is the wheel speed sensors,again visually they seem ok.
before i go to my local indie to have the rovacom plugged in,has anyone any other thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,
no i did not bleed the brakes,i just fitted the accumulator.
That is a good point,even though the brake pedal feels as if there is no air in the system,i suppose some could have got in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had been noticing a gradual decay in braking power for a couple weeks,on sunday the brake pedal went hard on me,than complete brake failure.
i parked the truck in my workshop for the night(bad move,because the workshop was broken into that night.all the company power tools were stolen,and to add insult to injury,the radio and gps in the truck were stolen as well)
i fitted a new accumulator,and full braking was available again.
the ABS fault occured the next day.only intermitanly at first,but now every time i start the truck the fault shows.
it is a year 2000 vogue.

·
Registered
931 Posts
guy said:
i had been noticing a gradual decay in braking power for a couple weeks,on sunday the brake pedal went hard on me,than complete brake failure.
i parked the truck in my workshop for the night(bad move,because the workshop was broken into that night.all the company power tools were stolen,and to add insult to injury,the radio and gps in the truck were stolen as well)
i fitted a new accumulator,and full braking was available again.
the ABS fault occured the next day.only intermitanly at first,but now every time i start the truck the fault shows.
it is a year 2000 vogue.
Sorry to hear about the theft.Affirmative shopping strikes again :shock: .Helps me remember why I moved to the UK. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts