RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's..

Ive got ABS & Traction failure on my P38. Ive plugged it in with my nanocom and it shows as Rear right sensor short to another.

Ive then done a live data test (wheel speed) which shows as the rear right isn't working, but if I look in the sensor voltage, it shows that the rear left has no voltage and all the others have around 2.3 volts..

Can anyone give me any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.

Ash

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
One sensor short to another can be a sign of ECU failure. Just to make it interesting, Nano has a glitch where it transposes reported sensor positions. I've seen front right reported as rear left before.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Unplug each sensor and measure the resistance. I can't remember the exact figure you'll get but the faulty one will be the one that is completely different (usually open circuit) to the other 3.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
If there's a fault in the ECU, then you almost always get the 'Rear Left Sensor short to another sensor' fault. I haven't seen/repaired one which has shown 'Rear Right sensor short to another sensor'.... yet!

I've had a couple of owners give me feedback that a 'sensor short to another sensor' fault can come up if there is a bad connection to the sensor too - one owner found that the pins in the connector weren't making good contact.

Sensor readings should be between 900 and 2000 ohms according to one WABCO 'D' document I have.

If it is the ECU that's at fault then, I might be able to repair it, but I'm not back home for a couple more weeks yet!

Marty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts