RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just replaced the accumulator on my 2000 Range. Unfortunately, the abs along with traction and brake light are still on. The pump runs fine and pedal is firm. When the pump stops running all lights go away, as soon as I press the brake pedal, they come back on along with abs fault message. Any solutions? I've also replaced the brake switch and running out of ideas to try.

Please help if you can thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no....I don't have access to rave. I have noticed that there is a 2 sec delay when pump runs after key on position. whenever there is a delay, abs fault. when no delay, car is fine. my guess is electrical issue?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked everywhere in the FAQ section, there is no RAVE. Can you post the procedure for brake bleeding?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
Issue for Mac users and Rave is the files are broken up and not labeled. Very difficult to sift thru easily.
Load of bull plop. There is ZERO need for anyone, not even Mac users, to "sift through files". Several members have tested the link in the stickie on I products with ZERO issues. I have side by side and watched the above stickie single direction in use so know first hand the whole "RAVE doesn't work on Mac" battle cry to be false.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...do you know if local autostore would have it? I tried swapping with another relay, but terminals won't line up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Err, RAVE is in big bold lettering and is #1 in the FAQ stickie above.
what "stickie" are you referring to? the only "faq stickie" i see is the one in between private messages and calendar. in there, THERE IS NO RAVE! Trust me i looked and I don't have a MAC. Can you post a link to that page?

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok...do you know if local autostore would have it? I tried swapping with another relay, but terminals won't line up.
It's not a normal relay, you'll have to source it from LR or britpart/allmakes.
It's made right here in portugal, at least the original replacement one, so make sure to get the right one for many miles of happy motoring ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you boss........will ask dealer for right now. maybe i can find one from a scrap yard. I hope that will fix my problem!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
what "stickie" are you referring to? the only "faq stickie" i see is the one in between private messages and calendar. in there, THERE IS NO RAVE! Trust me i looked and I don't have a MAC. Can you post a link to that page?
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/3575-top-10-frequently-asked-questions.html

It's the first link in this thread.

I had no problem with Rave on my 2011 MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.7, and OS X 10.8. Or on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, which is what I'm running currently. You just have to download Adobe Reader. Or you can open the files and rename them (which is what I did on Windows 8), only so I could go into full screen mode and use touch gestures.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

Is your speed indicator working properly?

If it does not work properly in combination with the ABS alarm you could have faulty ABS ecu. This happen to me.

Best regards

Jos

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The rave is pretty much useless. it has nothing for range rovers only disco's and freelanders

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
The rave is pretty much useless. it has nothing for range rovers only disco's and freelanders
Dear lourde have you even take the time to actually LOOK a it? Everything you have posted about RAVE has been so off base and out in left field I have to wonder where you are actually looing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha. i downloaded rave and opened in a pdf file. the only thing it shows is freelanders and disco's. and a useless tutorial. unless i'm blind, i didn't see anything for a 2000 range rover. it has classic range rover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts