RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this adds clutter to the forum but I think It looked like my previous post was solved. Im still in a bit of a mess.

I had very poor brakes, all three dash lights, an abs fault in the message center, but a cycling pump.

Now with a new accumulator I have great brakes, I still have a cycling pump. But I also still have all three dash lights and abs fault in the message center. If I start the truck and dont touch the pedal and shut it right back off... then restart, all lights go out but abs. I realize thats ok. Abs is supposed to go out as soon as you hit rolling speed. But, as soon as I hit the pedal the dash lights some back on. Here's what I think is weird: If I start the truck with my foot on the brake and dont move my foot the truck can act like I didnt replace the accumulator. Meaning If I dont change the pressure on the pedal and just put it in reverse it has crappy brakes again. As soon as I move my foot off the pedal and the truck decides it needs to cycle the pump I have great brakes again. To me that says pressure switch. What do you guys think. I know I need a code reader for abs. But aside from that.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pressure switch or the need for bleeding.
New scenarios tested [I think youre right]:

If I start the truck and let the lights go out and very very slowly press the brakes: no dash lights, no warning message, brake lights are on.

If I very slowly press the pedal 2 or three times: the dash lights come on.

When the pump comes on: the abs fault message comes on.

I can actually drive around and do this. So I dont think its a speed sensor issue. I guess I should bleed the brakes anyways. Need to replace all the gear case fluids too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts