RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I removed the amplifier and subs from the back of my 2000 RR the other day and I forgot to disconnect the control wire that ran from the fuse panel on the passenger side to the amp. While I was driving this touched the ground wire and fried the control wire all the way to the fuse box. The next morning I started her up and I have an ABS fault and Traction Control fault. /:(

Anyone have any ideas? Did I fry the ABS ACU or something else?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Do you still have the message when you start up and shut down? If not, it's just because the power was interrupted to the becm for a second when your amp wire fried...and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

But...

If you still get the message... it might get ugly.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Just the lights, or does your message display actually say abs fault, or traction control fault?

What fuse did you have your remote wire hooked to?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was hooked up to Fuse #6.

I am getting the error messages and the beeps. It will say "ABS FAULT" and then "TRACTION FAULT".

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you have fixed the actual damage or at least disconnected that wire, then I'd start with the electrical sticky.

Your current symptoms are commonly associated with a low battery and/or weak charging circuit. Start with the free easy stuff (see the electrical sticky)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything turned out to be OK. I took her into The Shop in Norcross this morning and they just needed to clear the error codes and everything is fine. Looks like I just tripped something in the computer. Looks fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts