RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do have ABS and ETC orange warning and fault on dashboard.

Testbook and Nanocom shows no fault at all.

ABS works correctly when i brake

ETC didn't work during last offroad session.

Any idea ?

Car is a 1999 2.5 DSE and my commuter to preserve MK3 4.2SC

Best Regards

Florent

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
some possibilities, improperly fitted wheel sensor, frayed sensor wiring, defective abs accumulator.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
491 Posts
I have the ABS and traction lights coming up on the dash with the traction failure message being displayed. But intermittently. I do not have the necessary gear to interrogate the system but it’s been on a couple of indies systems and come up with either no fault or a sensor failure but the sensor in question varies!!! No one seems to be able to fix it short of changing all sensors and the ABS computer unit. Anyone have any ideas?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fluid level? the other things implicate errors showing up.

Go and check the plugs on the BECM for instruments..
Fluid level is good and there should be a message on the message center if fluid is low.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some possibilities, improperly fitted wheel sensor, frayed sensor wiring, defective abs accumulator.
Improperly fitted wheel sensor or frayed sensor wiring usually shows error in Testbook.

Defective abs accumulator never shows error in Testbook but i did test using the pedal press method. I can press the pedal 4 times before the pump start to sing

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Hello. I had a similar issue in my 2001 P38 recently. It started as an intermittent fault, then came on from the first time I used the brake pedal every time I drove it. After checking and cleaning all the wheel sensors, it turned out to be the brake pedal switch. A low cost fix in the end so worth checking this before doing anything too expensive.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the culprit : broken ABS ecu . Replaced it with a good one and no more faults or errors

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
What was the fault the ECU was coming up with?

If it's "LH Rear sensor short to another sensor" then the ECU might be repairable. I've had luck repairing a good number of them now... when I'm at home long enough!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts