RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 HSE and the suspension has never given me a bit of trouble. But those in the know recommend changing these parts so I am about to do so. I've read all the threads I can find and the process sounds relatively straight forward but I have concern that in the process of swapping in these parts I'll somehow create an air leak or damage a connection to something. Any advise before I start?
TIA

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It's pretty straight forward, however you do need to remove a couple air lines at the compressor, as the bracket is in the way to replace the dryer, and the compressor needs to come out. Also, some of the clips on the backside of the compressor housing can be a bit of a pain, but are only there to keep the housing together during manufacture, so they can be cut off, there are washers between the compressor bracket mounts, and the lower section of the housing, re-install those.

When re-installing the lines, it might be a good idea to use a light lube on the line to keep it from damaging an o-ring as it goes in. The only line that goes back into an old o-ring is into the compressor itself(the bigger one) the small line at the dryer gets put into a new seal with the new dryer.

Once the cover is off, remove the silencer(RQV500040**) first, and cycle the system up and down a couple of times, to let any stray desiccant blow out of everything before putting the new parts on.

**There are two styles of the silencer(RQV500040 RQV500050) one threads into the compressor housing, the other is a quick connect fitting. Some +07 trucks use the quick connect, however the new part does not have the 'extra hole' in it, so the hole can be added, or the older style(RQV500040) can be used and remove the silencer from the fitting, and replace only the silencer and not the whole quick connect.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I noticed the roverparts replacement muffler was the same muffler but with a hold drilled in it for $16 bux. I drilled a hole in my own for $0

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the job. It is a bit of a pain to get the dryer out but not too hard to figure: just keep unscrewing stuff until you can get the compressor out of the way. The air lines in the dryer didn't want to let go and I was afraid I'd mess them up but after hard pressing on each colored collar and pulling on the line I was able to remove them. They easily pushed into the new dryer but I put a little bit of wd40 on them to help them slide.

Everything works fine. I cycled the system a couple times before installing the new muffler, like Dave RoverGuy suggested. But nothing came out so I installed the new muffler. All good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts