RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...of a used "pre-owned" lol, 2007 white range rover sport HSE. I was looking at an 08 coming off of a lease (started a thread a few weeks back) but that one was in pretty bad shape. After that, I was on a mission to find exactly what I wanted, and began calling and emailing a ton of dealerships within a 500 mile radius. I am so exceited, and really hope I have made the right decision. I will be coming from a 2006 Infiniti M45 sport which I love, but my wife and I need something larger and her car is paid off.

Mileage: 34,802
Exterior Color: Chawton White
Interior Color: Alpaca Beige
Lux Interior package & sat radio
$34,400
I just put down a deposit, and I am most likely going to pick it up on Saturday.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
DonkeyHSE said:
.. I will be coming from a 2006 Infiniti M45 sport which I love.
Welcome Donkey (!) I'm sure that you are about to enter a new era of owner experience and that the love for your RRS will grow and even surpass that for your Nissan (or Datsun, ...whatever it was before some marketing manager made up the name 'Infinity or infiniti' - sorry).

Megan

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Not sure where you are located. Here is a sample from the Los Angeles and Dallas area of what dealers have paid for the RRS. Even if it comes of a lease, it ends up at the auction for sale by the company that did the financing - open game for any dealer to buy.

2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT GRAY 28,609 $35,300
2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT S/C BLACK 51,589 $33,750
2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE Silver 44,290 $32,000

Looks like you may be getting a good deal. Make sure you get the maintenance history and find out if it has been in for lot of issues, especially any body work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Megan said:
DonkeyHSE said:
.. I will be coming from a 2006 Infiniti M45 sport which I love.
Welcome Donkey (!) I'm sure that you are about to enter a new era of owner experience and that the love for your RRS will grow and even surpass that for your Nissan (or Datsun, ...whatever it was before some marketing manager made up the name 'Infinity or infiniti' - sorry).

Megan
Hey that's not fair... :lol: I'll now be a Ford owner, oh wait Tata Motors....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
Not sure where you are located. Here is a sample from the Los Angeles and Dallas area of what dealers have paid for the RRS. Even if it comes of a lease, it ends up at the auction for sale by the company that did the financing - open game for any dealer to buy.

2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT GRAY 28,609 $35,300
2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT S/C BLACK 51,589 $33,750
2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE Silver 44,290 $32,000

Looks like you may be getting a good deal. Make sure you get the maintenance history and find out if it has been in for lot of issues, especially any body work.
Thanks, Im in the DC area, and the car is in Roanoke VA. I haven't seen the car in person yet, only put a $500 deposit down so that they hold it for me. I have talked to the sales guy a ton, and he has assured me the car is in excellent condition and he 100% guarantees i wont be disappointed with anything about it (scratches/paint, the way it runs...etc) or I can get my $500 back. It has come off of a lease, and he said that they "just got it right" and it was great deal to them, so they can sell it for a great price.

What should I be looking for when I go see it?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
A sales manager's 100% guarantee is like a normal human's 20% maybe . It seems like you're getting a good deal, but still, be aware. Find out the provenance of the car and call the dealer and have them fax you the entire history.
Does it still have factory warranty left?, it's almost mandatory with this vehicles, specially if the sales manager guaranteed it 100%.
Not trying to be a drag but that 100% guarantee from the SM has me all freaked.

Hope you do like it, it's a cool car and I love mine.

Rafa

·
Registered
543 Posts
Donk.

That MY07 RRS HSE should be worth USD$32,190.16 at the moment ? Better make sure it comes with the extended warranty if you're handing over K34.4 large !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, and I agree about trusting the salesmen...not 100% confident, which is why im going to check it out.

It 's coming off a lease and they bought it there, it only has 35k miles on it and is still under warranty for another 11,000 miles or 1 year. I'll probably extend the warranty through the jag/LR dealership near my house.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DonkeyHSE said:
Just got home from our long all-day trip to pick up the range. We LOVE IT

Congrats Donkey. Don't forget to post more pics! :D

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Your snowmobile on wheels is interesting, and unique!

j/c do you need a motorcycle license for that or is that considered something else?

·
Registered
56 Posts
DonkeyHSE said:
....and just for fun, now it matches my other ride
Never mind the snowmobile, looks lke it matches the whole street!!!! Think I'd better paint my garage door and woodwork bournville brown this weekend...haha.. only joking.

Seriously though, it's a sweet looking ride in very good condition. especially that light and tight leather interior - looks brand spanking new in those pics without any wear or even denim staining! Nice one. `8)

Megan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts